X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdybnis
    • Dec 2004

Is this tb mini-speaker new?

Can't find a spec sheet. The "cone" looks a lot like the one on their new titanium tweeter.
    -Josh
  • jkrutke
    • Dec 2005

I'd like to test one of those. Maybe I'll throw a couple in with my next PE order.

I just tested a HiVi B1S and found it to be very sensitive to the rear volume it was placed into.
    Zaph|Audio

Comment

• jdybnis
      • Dec 2004

Did you find an optimal enclosure for the B1S? What kind of extension did you get out of it?
      -Josh

Comment

• jkrutke
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jdybnis
        Did you find an optimal enclosure for the B1S? What kind of extension did you get out of it?
        The F3 was about 300hz, as was the Fs. I did not get a Qts, but I estimate an in-enclosure Qtc of around .7 based on the low end response curve. Run full range, it handles about 1 watt. At about 80dB 1m, distortion is acceptable down to 200 hz. At my normal test level, it was really bad. The optimal enclosure is described in the image below. It is about 1.1 cubic inches, and that's including the driver volume. I'll probably stick the details in a blog update sometime.
        Attached Files
        Zaph|Audio

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"