X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deke
    • Dec 2005

How do I convert coaxial to s-video or component

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but I would like to run a coaxial cable through a upconverting preprocessor / receiver so as to get component video to my TV as well as send the audio to speakers etc.

Problem is I haven't seen any receivers / processors that accept a satellite coaxial cable and I'm too cheap to get a sattelite dish with two sets of component outputs.

I figure I can probably run the coaxial to the TV, then route the TV out to a receiver and back again to the TV, but is there a cleaner way to do this (my solution seems like a kluge)? Can someone set me straight?
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

Most sat boxes have at least a composite video out (many have S-video and component as well) and analog stereo out (many have digital as well). Run audio and video from the box to the receiver and then video from the receiver to the TV.

Comment

• eb15
      • Sep 2006

Many DVD recorders accept either RF tv signals with an internal tuner or input composite video (coaxial) and s-video input and will output S-video and component video out. I used my panasonic combo vcr-dvdr as a "switcher/upconverter" that way with a digital cable box, and long component cables to an Infocus SP4805 front projector.

Comment

• peterS
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

only a satelite reciever will convert the digital signal- no way around it
        some tvs accept cable signals since they have a cable tunner along with the ntsc tunner

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"