Seas 27TBFCG and 18W8546 MT, need design help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aaron M.
    • Aug 2005

Seas 27TBFCG and 18W8546 MT, need design help!

I had a crossover done by Madisound and it didn't really turn out right.
    I'd like to ask people with experience: Is this driver combination poorly thought out? If this system can be saved, who should I go to get it done?

Due to the pricey nature of the drivers, I'd like to go for an XO that does whatever it takes to get things right...think ZD5, ladder filters and all that.

Let me know if you need more info.

Aaron M.
    Attached Files
  • fjhuerta
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2006

I dunno...

I've learned so far (the *very* hard way) that there's no substitute for taking your own measurements and designing / voicing the crossover by yourself if you expect to like the results

Perhaps you could take this as an opportunity to learn tons and tons of enjoyable, time consuming and interesting stuff?
    Javier Huerta

Comment

• Jim Holtz
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Aaron M.
      I had a crossover done by Madisound and it didn't really turn out right.
      I'd like to ask people with experience: Is this driver combination poorly thought out? If this system can be saved, who should I go to get it done?

Due to the pricey nature of the drivers, I'd like to go for an XO that does whatever it takes to get things right...think ZD5, ladder filters and all that.

Let me know if you need more info.

Aaron M.
      Rick Craig at Selah Audio does custom designs and is very reasonable. If the good folks around here are unable to come up with a solution for you, email Rick. His work is excellent.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"