Anyone in this group build Raw Acoustics?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digital desire
    • Dec 2006

Anyone in this group build Raw Acoustics?

They are high on my short list, either the ht8's or '3s.
    Wondering how you like the finished product?

-Although, come to think of it, has anyone here built *anything* and then said they didn't like it? A sound only mother can love?
    Peter
    Syracuse, N.Y.
  • oxcartdriver
    • Apr 2006

I built a sealed three way using a mix of drivers some used some new in the early 90's which sounded terrible.

I also built a sub woofer out of a garbage barrel and a used 15in woofer. It also sounded bad.

Moral of this story: Cobble together some poor drivers, in poor enclosures, with less than poor cross over engineering and one is likely to end up with poor sound Quality.

All forementioned projects were destroyed to conceal the guilty party.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

When we discuss the products offered by kit vendors, there are always issues of ego and design philosophy and inevitable fan boy posts. Unfortunately all these cloud the discussion, and people get angry regardless of what's said. As a result we're no longer going to have discussion regarding these kinds of products.

RAW has a forum at the AudioCircle forum. That's the best place to discuss those products.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"