X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sean823
    • Dec 2006

Noob, sharing rlp-15, and other projects

Well, I have been "lurking" around here for quite a while, and have seen some fantastic designs(a few of which I'm working on right now). I have installed, MANY car stereo setups, but this is my first real crack at home audio. While researching project ideas, I came across this site, and was blown away by the knowledge floating around here.
    I'll start with my room basics, 12x14, so my space is very limited(this is an apartment), as it is the sub I built had to be fairly small(2x2x2), and be placed in the dining room(which is open to the living room), and faced into the living room. My current set-up is sad(2 old infinity sm-65 book shelves, and a poor center/surround combo), so as you can imagine, I am excited about the upgrades( wm/tw already nearly complete, rs28a is on backorder but cabinet and crossover in the finishing stages. Also nat p's for the front started, and modula m/t's for the rear to be started soon). Given the room dimensions I mentioned earlier, these are all WAY too big for my space, but I'll MAKE it all fit .
    So, this sub is a 2x2x2 cube with an rlp-15 d2, powered by an ep1500, with an hk avr635 as the source. 1 1/4" side walls, and 2" front baffle, with 2-1/2" braces. At first when completed I was very disappointed with the output, but I moved it all over(not easy as this thing weighs a ton), until I settled on the placement in the dining room. HT use has excellent output, but still not where I want it for music. I "borrowed" the look of the "drake" sub on pe's site( cherry with maple accents), this theme will be throughout the speakers I am building.
    Let me know what you think, more pictures to come as I make more progress, listening impressions of the other mentioned projects to come after the rs28's are back in stock.
    Attached Files
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi,

Sub looks nice.... :T

If you want to improve the sound for music use a Linkwitz-Transform circuit. That will lower the "Q" and boost the bottom end output. These can be purchased as kits from Marchand Electronics' (Bassis), bare bone PCB's from Rod Elliot, or the Behringer DEQ2496 can create one. Google will get you to the websites for these products.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• ---k---
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2005

Are those biscuit joints in the first picture? Looks very nice and solid. And your finishing looks good too. I bet your neighbors are enjoying your new found hobby.

Welcome to HTGuide.
      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"