X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warnerwh
    • Jan 2006

Where's the instructions for Unibox?

I tried a Google and Help and find nothing. This program is not that obvious to use especially since I have never used Excel before. There's nothing on the site I downloaded it from either.

Thank You
  • Scott Simonian
    • Nov 2004

Trial & Error was my instruction book for Unibox. Honestly, I had to play around with it to get to know the program, unfortunatly.

I didn't know how drivers would react in certain conditions and I just plugged things in and watched how they came out.
    My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• warnerwh
      • Jan 2006

I spent some time with it but it won't let me change the Vb,Fb or F3. How can you model anything without changing those? Or is there a way to change them.

I can get the rest to work but need more options. I can't believe someone hasn't written a help file or instructions of some sort somewhere.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Read this thread

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• warnerwh
          • Jan 2006

Thanks Thomas. I'll print it out then try it again. I need to do another sub and want to order parts from PE before the free shipping is over next week.

Comment

• Scott Simonian
            • Nov 2004

I spent some time with it but it won't let me change the Vb,Fb or F3. How can you model anything without changing those?
            Eh, heheh...

Don't know if you can model based from the F3, alone. Start with sealed alignments. Just try one, popular woofer at a time. Play with the Q setting. Watch how the size of the box changes dramatically from Q to Q. After each try, look at the excursion and how it changes.

Do things like that. Take little steps at a time and it will all come together.
            My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• warnerwh
              • Jan 2006

Thanks Scott, that's a good idea. I figured I was just going to have to spend time with it to learn it. I'm picking up little pieces here and there. I have to model one more sub for myself. I'll wait til I have a few hours of free time because when I start something like that I don't like to stop.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"