X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jp88
    • Dec 2006

subwoofer question

I am currently trying to decide what I will do about a new subwoofer. I currently have a set of dayton budget home theater speakers I built using the classic 5.25 and the classic aluminum domes and I have a chincy sony 50 watt powered sub(if you want to call it a sub). I have a small room about 12 x 14 with a vaulted ceiling and I have some size limitations. I was thinking about a starting with a dayton rs 12 HO in a small sealed enclosure with a ep1500 and a bfd used as a lt circuit eventualy building a second rs12. and a second ep1500 if needed. I will also be building some modulas and modula mts to replace my budget daytons eventualy. My main questions are will 1 rs12 be enough. and how small can I get away with making it. I am also open to sugestions of other ideas but remeber Size limitations and no IB.

I hope I didn't ramble on to much
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You haven't posted what the box size limitations are....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• jp88
      • Dec 2006

Id like to try to keep it around an 14 inch cube.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

That's way too small for a 12" unless all you want is BOOM.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• WillyD
          • Feb 2006

The 12" dB-500 from TC looks ok in a small cube.

Comment

• jp88
            • Dec 2006

how would this tc sounds db-500 12 be in 1.5 cubic feet sealed with a lt circuit.

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

The BFD can not be used to create an LT circuit. The DEQ2496 will create an LT.

If the budget permits the SoundSplinter RL-p12 would be a better choice in this application

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• jp88
                • Dec 2006

I can't run this through winisd right now because im at the inlaws house. would the db-500 12 be a good option in a 17 inch cube (2cf) with a 500 watt plate amp, and lt

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"