• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • augerpro
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2006

New TCSounds sub

Anyone measured these? http://www.tcsounds.com/db500.htm

Looks nice and the price is right. I wonder if it would work well in a 3way?
    ~Brandon 8O
    Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
    Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
    DriverVault
    Soma Sonus
  • Mazeroth
    • Nov 2004

$75 each if purchased in fours, not bad. However, $20 to ship each takes them up to $95. With Parts Express's free shipping right now it's kind of hard to dismiss them.

Comment

• joecarrow
      • Apr 2005

The back of that driver looks strangely closed off. Is that unusual to anyone else? I'm sure that choice was carefully considered, but it doesn't strike me as being a good candidate for dipoles.

Do you think the 20mm xmax is for real? That's starting to look like a LOT of swept volume for the money!
      -Joe Carrow

Comment

• Scott Simonian
        • Nov 2004

Not to mention a TC2+ motor for under $100

My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• Hank
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2002

I noticed those yesterday. 4 for the price of 3 is mighty tempting. 20mm xmax does look a little iffy, but I think the gurus would say TC is reliable.

Comment

• jdybnis
            • Dec 2004

I believe it. I can't remember TC Sounds ever selling a driver with less than 20mm xmax!
            -Josh

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2006

How would 4 of these in one box or two boxes w/ two per box sound? Pretty good for the money or the money better spend elsewhere? For HT purposes only.

Comment

• Jonasz
                • Nov 2004

I'm sure they are good for the price but I would never buy them because of their butt ugly appearance... :twisted:

Four db500 10" will only move 5-10% more air than two TC1000 12". I'm sure the TC1000 have less distorsion due to better ventilated basket and a more rigid cone. The price for two TC1000 is right now only $318 so they're not a lot more expensive than the db500's either.

And oc they do look a LOT better than the db500! As jkrutke stated in another thread, "looks are imortant"! :twisted: :rofl:

Comment

• AJINFLA
                  • Mar 2005

IIRC, the 10's were on sale for $75 in lots of 4. Now it appears that the 12's can be had the same price on a per driver basis.
                  Extensive selection of high-quality domain names. Knowledgeable, friendly customer support.

That's a pretty nice deal for that much swept volume/motor/cone design IMHO. If I didn't have too many drivers already....

cheers,

AJ
                  Manufacturer

Comment

• augerpro
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by AJINFLA
                    IIRC, the 10's were on sale for $75 in lots of 4. Now it appears that the 12's can be had the same price on a per driver basis.

That's a pretty nice deal for that much swept volume/motor/cone design IMHO. If I didn't have too many drivers already....

cheers,

AJ
                    Oh your rotten! I'm have piles of drivers already and haven't finished my first project! Now this...

I've been wanting to replace my current 10" sub with a low VAS 12". Can anyone think of a good reason to go wtih somethign else for a smallish sub?
                    ~Brandon 8O
                    Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
                    Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
                    DriverVault
                    Soma Sonus

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"