X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonP
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by mmoeller
    So the dark lord pays to get his piano black helmet polished too? :rofl:
    I'd think its more like he offers to not strangle them with the Force....

Comment

• dCraig
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Jim85IROC
      No link, but I can share my experiences.

I paint my gloss black baffles with an automotive urethane basecoat/clearcoat paint. I start by brushing on a few coats of sanding sealer to seal and harden the surface of the wood, especially the end grain. After that's applied and lightly sanded, I start to pile on a couple coats of high-build primer. I use the spray can stuff availabe at Advance Auto or Wal Mart. Once I've used enough coats that the end grain can sand perfectly smooth, I spray a couple coats of black followed by 2-3 coats of clear. Once that dries, I wetsand and buff just like I'd do to a car.
      Thanks, Jim85. I may try a sample piece just to see how it comes out.

Comment

• dCraig
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Evil Twin
        Not to discourage you from doing it yourself, but their piano black cabinets at PE are REALLY nice. See the Modula MTM project for photo's. My time is worth money, for something like this I don't prefer to do it myself.
        Hey, ET, if you can keep encourgaing your "buddy" Jon Marsh to design some high end 2.5 ways I will build you a cab or two for free! ...uh...that is, as soon as I come up for air from building a few Zaph designs. :roll:

thanks for the advice. I thik I will actually buy some from PE. Click-through time!

Comment

• Outfitter
          • Apr 2006

Good news, 4 rs180's arrived today from PE.! I built CJD's MTM with the rs150 a while ago, so I knew what I was getting, but WOW! It really suprises me how much bigger they are than the rs150. Not only that, I am so excited about such a nice driver you can get for only $25!

Comment

• jimluu
            • Dec 2006

For those who missed the sale, call PE, they often honor the sale price even after the sale is over. I just ordered 4 rs180s today. Real nice folks.

Comment

• WinstonSmith
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by jimluu
              For those who missed the sale, call PE, they often honor the sale price even after the sale is over. I just ordered 4 rs180s today. Real nice folks.
              Ack! I just missed the sale and ordered half a dozen anyway. Oh well. The only real disappointment was when I was checking over my order just now (came Thursday) and found "RS-28A- ETA 51 days" Ouch!

Comment

• mikec
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by WinstonSmith
                I was checking over my order just now (came Thursday) and found "RS-28A- ETA 51 days" Ouch!
                I have a pair that I was about to list on ebay. PM me if you're interested.

:greenstar: [Edit: Listed on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230073007811]
                :1: [Edit: SOLD]
                Last edited by mikec; 03 January 2007, 02:54 Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"