X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spearmint
    • Sep 2004

Leaving plate amp on 24/7?

I’m using a couple of Adire ADA1200 amps, these don’t have a standby mode they are either on or off via the power switch. We are now coming into what is looking like a long and very hot summer, Are these amps okay being left on 24/7 or should I turn them off? I’m wondering what other owners are doing? BTW the plate is luke warm to the touch 24/7 wether they are getting a work out or sitting idle the temp doesn’t appear to change.
    Attached Files
    Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It won't hurt the amps for them to sit on idle, but you will have space heater on. Several companies make products that will "switch" anything on/off. But I don't know what's available in Oz.

I use Furman Sequencers. http://www.furmansound.com/#

Some people have found devices that simply plug into the outlet and remotely switch from there

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Habs4life
      • Apr 2006

The ADA is a class D design so in comparison to a class AB design very little heat will be generated even in heavy use.I leave my ICE asp250 classD unit on 24/7 and it stays very cool.

Comment

• Spearmint
        • Sep 2004

Thanks for the replies.

Thomas thanks for the link, I may look at making something to operate from a 12V trigger. The only thing that has stopped me in the past is I’m not sure if I should add any components in circuit with the relay coil to prevent damage to the 12V trigger circuit.
        Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"