X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolex
    • Mar 2005

Comparisons

Has anyone built a design to compete against a commercially available set of speakers?

Or better yet, has someone designed their own speakers and then compared them to some well thought of set of commercially available speakers that they had on hand?

If so, please share your results. Thanks!
  • Rolex
    • Mar 2005

I should comment, I'm not so much talking about "clones". More of your own design or a design your borrowed from someone else in the DIY camp..

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

Yes, I've compared my speakers against well-received commercially available speakers. Don't remember if I wrote it up here or elsewhere at this point. I'll try to dig up a link if Ryan doesn't beat me to it. Just my MTM's not the big 3-ways.

C
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• ---k---
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2005

Here you go Chris:

Recently, JonW, SteveCallas and I compared JonW's Modula MT's to the Ascend 340SE and Jon has compared them to his Totems. You can find that in a thread here.
        - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
        CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
        CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• JonW
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

For what they're worth, here are some of my relative thoughts on the Modula MT's (RS28 tweeter version) versus Totem Forests. And the same Modula MT'S compared to Ascend 340's by Ryan, Steve, and I:

It took me 6 months start to finish, but my Modula MT’s are finally done. They’re very nice. :) Thanks to everyone for all the various help I’ve needed along the way. :T And the design, of course. This was my first attempt at DIY speakers. I didn’t know much of what to expect. Here are all the details for those who might be
          Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 17:23 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"