X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ilkka
    • Mar 2006

Finnish LLT projects

I thought to show you some first Finnish LLT projects. I helped to desing both of them. :B

Both are as follows:
    ~265 liters net
    ~16 Hz (simulated)
    TC-2000 15" SVC
    6" aeroport
    24", 1/2" (!) sonotube
    3x19 mm end caps
    Very stout and definitely airtight.
    The other one uses a BK Electronics 500W plate amp, and the other one a ButtKicker 1100W amp.

The first one

The second one (click on "seuraava sivu" in order to get to the next page)

Both owners are extremely pleased with the outcome. Very good sound quality with music and enough shaking with movies. They both live quite near to me, so I think I'll pay them a visit in the near future. I'll take my measuring gear with me of course. 8)
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Ilkka
    I thought to show you some first Finnish LLT projects. I helped to desing both of them. :B

Both are as follows:
    ~265 liters net
    ~16 Hz (simulated)
    TC-2000 15" SVC
    6" aeroport
    24", 1/2" (!) sonotube
    3x19 mm end caps
    Very stout and definitely airtight.
    The other one uses a BK Electronics 500W plate amp, and the other one a ButtKicker 1100W amp.

The first one

The second one (click on "seuraava sivu" in order to get to the next page)

Both owners are extremely pleased with the outcome. Very good sound quality with music and enough shaking with movies. They both live quite near to me, so I think I'll pay them a visit in the near future. I'll take my measuring gear with me of course. 8)

Good to hear from you.Haven't heard a word in a while.Great job and great model!
    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

• WillyD
      • Feb 2006

I am very much looking forward to the results of the tests. :T

Especially of the TC2K/BKA setup, since me and many others here in the States have that combo.

Comment

• SteveCallas
        • Aug 2005

Excellent. Was the decision to go with 500 watts for the one just an issue of cost? Does the plate amp have a built in highpass?

Comment

• Ilkka
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SteveCallas
          Excellent. Was the decision to go with 500 watts for the one just an issue of cost? Does the plate amp have a built in highpass?
          Kinda. The Buttkicker is quite expensive here ($700) and the EP-2500 isn't much cheaper either ($450). A forum buddy offered him a used BK plate amp (link) for a good price and he went for it. It is mounted to an external box.

No HP filter.

Comment

• johnson
            • Nov 2006

Why not 320L for that driver?

Comment

• crackyflipside
              • Nov 2006

Ilkka please bring your measuring equipment so we can bring all this DIY subwoofer hate to an end!
              -Chris B

;x( DIY

Comment

• Ilkka
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by johnson
                Why not 320L for that driver?
                320L and 14.5 Hz would work too. Little bit more output below 16 Hz and little bit less above. The excursion in IMO more important 15-30 Hz range is slightly larger (=more distorsion). It is also around 7" taller...

I would guess it would be extremely difficult to seaparate them in a blind test.

Comment

• Ilkka
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by WillyD
                  I am very much looking forward to the results of the tests. :T

Especially of the TC2K/BKA setup, since me and many others here in the States have that combo.
                  Do realize that these will be simple in-room measurements (frequency response, tuning frequency and maybe THD). No GP data yet...

Comment

• ssabripo
                    • Dec 2005

you finally show up!! hehehe good to see you still alive! And good job on the LLTs.
                    My simple HT setup
                    4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• crackyflipside
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ilkka
                      Do realize that these will be simple in-room measurements (frequency response, tuning frequency and maybe THD). No GP data yet...
                      DAMN

So what are the odds of doing some GP data on the hotly debated LLT design?
                      -Chris B

;x( DIY

Comment

• ThomasW
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

This is not going to become an LLT debate thread.

Ilkka is a moderator on the forum that hosts the LLT paper. He started an identical thread on that forum, so discussion regarding the performance of LLTs should take place there.

This thread is now closed.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"