X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mazeroth
    • Nov 2004

Atlas 15 information?

I sold a gentleman an Ascendant Audio Atlas 15 about a year ago that I didn't need. He just got in contact with me asking if I had any designs for the sub that he could build. I remember Ascendant posting different enclosures with the various Qs the Atlas has. Does anyone have any on hand they could send to me?

If that's not possible, could you recommend a sealed alignment that would be ideal for a hybrid music/movie setup? He said box size is not an issue so I'm definately thinking low Q with a large box.

Thanks!
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Mazeroth
      • Nov 2004

Links in the archived link are dead

Thanks anyhow.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

email Chad....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
          • Aug 2001

Here are the specs I have in Unibox for the Atlas 15 with coils in series, Qts = .390:

Fs 21.50 Hz
          Re 4.20 Ohm
          Qms 6.56
          Qes 0.42
          Sd 810.0 cm2
          Vas 364.0 l
          Xmax peak 18.00 mm

Looks like 0.7 would need ~4.6ft^3 with some stuffing. I use my pair for an IB, which they seem to make the most sense in given the high Vas and adjustable Qts..

Comment

• Exocer
            • Feb 2006

I agree with the above, I'd make sure not to feed it too much power in that setup.

Sorry to go off topic.
            Jack, given any thought to adding more Atlas 15's? Seems that Ascendant will have a batch of 10 ready by some time this week or next week.

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
              • Aug 2001

Jack, given any thought to adding more Atlas 15's?
              Nahh. I'm kinda tired of fighting the acoustics of the one position that's feasible for the manifold, so I'm probably going to wind up with a couple small sealed subs at more optimal positions. I've started that project , but it's been side-tracked for the near future. I'll get back to it at some point, though.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"