card in hand--fingers trembling...RS3-way R,L, & CC in one load!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orbifold
    • Jun 2006

card in hand--fingers trembling...RS3-way R,L, & CC in one load!

Been lurking for a while. Such a good thing I don't have to be an Eye-tripleE! I am about to drop plastic on the above; the DM version in the first page post with RS tweeters. I do have the MDF, and the tools. I plan to build the cabs in post 579 by MrCab with an access door at the bottom.
    Questions I have right now are:

Do I need to use the sound deadening sheet, http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=268-020? I am getting a 5lb bag of polyfill for stuffing, does it go in each cavity? (Just checking.)

What kind of wire for XO wiring and to attach speakers? Stranded needed?

Sorry, but I am still wading thru that immense 44 page post and don't recall seeing that. I will ask at PE when I call, as far as the wiring type.
    This is the first speaker project for me, so the noob questions will doubtless flow. I am not through refinish of the basement listening and viewing area, so I'm not cutting MDF yet, but will post as soon as things get underway.
    Many thanks to the Gurus & Experienced Ones of HTG for making it possible for me to play in this game. ;x(
    Attached Files
    Don't fight, don't argue... If you stay healthy and wait by the river, you'll see all your enemies float by, one by one!

Anonymous
  • jonathanb3478
    • May 2006

That sound deadening sheet is a good idea. Especially if you are using 3/4" thick construction, besides the baffle. I would not go so far as to say it is needed, however. Also, you should be using the polyfil in the woofer and mid enclosures, since you are apparently making the sealed version.

On stranded/solid conductor wire, I personally never thought about it before. I guess that solid core wire would be fine, since it will really not be moved much, after the install. I do not think the small scale vibrations inside the enclosure would cause problems with solid, but I am no expert on that.

Good luck!
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
    -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"