X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electroman187
    • Nov 2006

Good first build

Hi all! I've been looking for a good first diy speaker build design. Here is my criteria: smooth highs, crisp mids, and good bass/midbass response down to 50-60 Hz(have a sub). Also, it should not be overly complicated. I do not want anything that is inefficient either. I've been eyeing the Natalie P for a while, but it's just too expensive for me at the time. I'm very interested in the Dayton D3, but I'm afraid it won't be accurate enough and that the midrange is not pronouned enough. I like the BAMTM from zaph audio, but I can't find any reviews. I would like to take advantage of the sale at partsexpress if possible. Any good suggestions that fit the bill?
  • dynamowhum
    • Aug 2006

So what is your budget?

Comment

• electroman187
      • Nov 2006

For drivers and crossover parts I'm flexible, but I'd like to keep it below $200. I'm willing to wait for certain things to go on sale. If I decided on the Nat. Ps, I could buy the RS28 on sale now. I guess maybe I could do the Nat Ps. I'm all about the most bang for the buck without compromising too much.

Comment

• morbo
        • Nov 2004

200 total, including wood, crossover components, paint, etc? And are you in Canada, US, Europe?

Comment

• WillyD
          • Feb 2006

You could buy the Modula MT drivers/xover parts for around $200 I believe.

Of course they might not be efficient enough for you. Here is Derek's budget Modula build: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=21000

Or you could build the RS28a version of the MTs since the tweeters are on sale, then build the Natalie Ps later on.

Comment

• electroman187
            • Nov 2006

~$200 for just the drivers and crossover. I live in the US.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"