X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dawg1161
    • May 2006

Subwoofer Reccomendation

Hello there, I have a friend that wants to build a sonosub. His question to me is which is better the Soundsplinter RLP-15 or the TC Sounds 2000 15"? He wants to build now but i didn't have the answer that he wanted to hear so i will leave it up to the Forum.......Thanks......He also asked if there are any 18" out there. But searching, nothing but the Avalanche comes up and i brlieve they can't be had?. Has checked out both designs on the sonsub.exe program only changing the volume to 320l and using 24" i.d. sonotube.

Thank You Again.
  • WillyD
    • Feb 2006

Right now, I'd get the TC-2000 cause it is on sale.

320 net liters with a 27" long 6" port is the standard design, and at least 3 people have built this design and are quite pleased.

An 18" Rl-p and TC-2000 are both in the preliminary stages, but I believe the Rl-p is supposed to be out by January.

Comment

• dawg1161
      • May 2006

I showed him steve's avalanche and well i'm sure just like everyone else he wants one...

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

He'll hear no difference except at EXTREME SPL's. There the 2000 will play louder.

Ascendant only has old blem/repaired 18"s for sale

www.ficaraudio.com has some interesting 18"s

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• jonathanb3478
          • May 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
          www.ficaraudio.com has some interesting 18"s
          I tried to use WinISD Pro to model the Q18 2-ohm DVC, and no matter what I do, WinISD comes up with Qes and Qts that are about half what is shown on the site. I even tried the procedure to verify the series/parallel wiring in DVC models. It provides a calculated BL of 10.66, not 15.1 (specified). Seems that they are incorrectly specifying BL on their site, at least for the Q-series, as I had the same exact issue with the 15.

Wierd.

I will say, however, that the Q18 Dual 2-ohm (going with calculated BL, vs specified) is a killer driver in a 900-1000 liter enclosure. :E

Glorious EBS and QB3 alignments are possible in that enclosure-size range. I agree, very interesting.
          Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
          -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"