This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dynamowhum
    • Aug 2006

I don't know if you can do the same thing on the 55 that can be done on the 57.

Comment

• m1ke323
      • Jun 2006

I am using a the Denon 2807, but also have a HK AVR-235. The denon does very well driving my TMWW speakers, but is no match for my Rotel-1080. I hghly recommend denon receivers.

Comment

• Inu_Yasha
        • May 2006

Originally posted by technimac
        Well, I checked the link and the Price is $199.00, not $150, but it's probably still a good deal!

Cheers, Bruce
        Deal is now dead, these types of deals only last for a short amount of time.

Comment

• technimac
          • Feb 2005

I'm using a Yamaha RX-V1500 to run four Modula MT's (Seas 1212 version) for fronts and surrounds, an Audax HT WMTW center, and two Bravox 3.5" buyout/Audax TMO25F1 TM's as rears. Lotsa power so far for my needs. :T
          Sub-out is split to a Vented Quatro 15 w/PE 240W sub, a Peerless XLS10/12PR w/PE 250W sub, and 6 BassShakers w/Audiosource 150W Buyout amp. Definitely seismic results! :B
          Happy to have preouts for future amp upgrade if I build some low impedance MTM's.
          "While we're at it" - the four most dangerous words in Home Improvement

Comment

• cavey
            • Sep 2006

I use the Denon 3806 and have no problems driving any lower ohm speakers with it.I would recommend them any time.

Comment

• JoshK
              • Mar 2005

I'm kinda eyeing adding 3 of the two channel Behringer A500's (2x230watts/4R, $179.99/ea) to my Emotiva LMC-1 setup. This is $499 for the pre/pro and $540 for the 3 amps. Just right around a grand, lots of flexibility in upgrading and lots of power. Something to consider.

Comment

• sfdoddsy
                • Sep 2000

I'm using two Panasonic XR55s and an XR10 as power amps to run my 3 way dipole mains and two way dipole center and surrounds.
                Steve's OB Journey

Comment

• dynamowhum
                  • Aug 2006

Sfdoddsy what is your speaker ohm load please?

Comment

• sfdoddsy
                    • Sep 2000

Since I am tri-amping it varies of course.

The tweeter is 6 ohm. The mids are 8 ohms each but I run them in parallel so the actual load is 4 ohms.

I do the DPL12s slightly differently than some. I have each voice coil wired in series, and then the drivers in parallel so I get (I think) an 8 ohm load.

I've tried the little Panasonic with them wired differently including having everything parralleled to give a 1 ohm rating. This worked fine, but I got a little nervous.

One of many good things about digital amps is that they are the opposite of solid state amps which perform worse the lower in frequency you go. Digital amps perform better. So they make great bass amps.
                    Steve's OB Journey

Comment

• Edge540
                      • May 2006

I'musing an Outlaw 950 pre/pro and an Outlaw 755 driving my WWMT/WTMW. Using a single channel of an EP2500 to drive an RPl-15d2 275L SonoSub. All working well!

Comment

• TurboFC3S
                        • Nov 2006

I've always been a Yamaha fan. I've had about 10 different receivers over the past decade, current is a Yamaha RX-V2500. With it I'm using a Sherwood Newcastle 130x5 to bi-amp front L/R and power the center ... the Yamaha runs the presence channels and surrounds.

That Sherwood amp is a fantastic deal. It can be found for around $400, and is built like a tank. It has 3 toroids, so in my bi-amp setup each of the front 3 speakers essentially gets it's own power supply path.

Upstairs I have a Yamaha HTR-5590, and in the office I have a Tandberg TR2045.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"