X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tsloms
    • Oct 2006

Integrated center channel/ sub box

I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time now. I have been extremely interested in building the TMWW mains and the WMTW center. My ceiling is somewhat low in my theater room at 7 foot and with my screen currently being 49" tall it does not leave much room. The WMTW center is a rather tall center channel by itself.

I have been contemplating building a sub box under my screen and integrating the center channel into the same box. This would allow me to save on room. The CC would obviously be partitioned off internally as a seperate speaker but I was wondering if this would cause the CC's sound quality to be compromised. What do you guys think?
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Use a modified BSC design crossover and it should work fine.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Tsloms
      • Oct 2006

How would I go about modifying the BSC to compensate for the integration?

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

It's necessary to modify the BSC since the center will be boundry loaded from the sub.

I don't pay too much attention to that particular thread since it has so many high profile supporting parties. I assume by this time someone's posted a modified BSC crossover design for in-wall or on-wall mounting. That's what you should use.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"