X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anglerz007
    • Oct 2006

What to tune my enclosure to?

I have decided to build a subwoofer based off reccomendations from SteveCallas and others on AVSforum. Here are the specs:

--Sound Splinter RL-P15 D2 (dual 2 ohm voice coil [wired in series for 4ohm load])
    --Crest CPX900 (bridged 4ohm for 900 watts)
    --260 effective liter enclosure

I will use the subwoofer for watching movies, listening to music, and for gaming, so I want to add a port. What should I tune my subwoofer to? If I did sealed I would only get 31.29hz.

BTW, the parameters for the RL-P15 in WinISD Pro are extremely inaccurate for some reason. So if you are going to plot it, you should enter the parameters yourself.

Thanks alot.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Since this is the home audio forum that started the RL-p15" craze, we're pretty familiar with how it models....:wink:

Both sealed and ported get a boost in the bottom end from room gain. So don't think that 31Hz is the lowest you'd get from a sealed box.

Probably want to tune the port to 15Hz or so....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"