X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risingjay
    • Oct 2006

Planning stages

Want to start my first DIY sub and see a lot of awesome jobs here. Upon looking at the different designs, if you were to do it agian useing these drivers, what would you pick?

1. Soundsplinter RL-p15

2. TC Sounds TC-3000

3. TC Sounds TC-2000

Great work everyone!

Jason
  • m1ke323
    • Jun 2006

I have not yet built my sub, but am in the planning stages. I have gathered a decent amount of information in my research on those subs.

1. Soundsplinter RL-p15
    - possibly the most popular and is a great sub, but the TC-2000 has the upperhand in a comparison. The RL-p15 is cheaper and close though.

2. TC-3000 - a high output driver geared more towards car audio, where as the TC-2000 is a lower distortion driver geared more towards Home Audio. The TC-3000 being a car audio geared sub is best suited in a sealed enclosure. Despite all this, it can be used with GREAT results for home audio, the TC-2000 just has the upper hand in lowest distortion.

3. TC-2000 - I pretty much explained this by comparing it to the other drivers. It has very low distortion and when ported is a great bang for your buck. This is the driver I plan on using.

I don't have any personal experience with these drivers, but have been doing a lot of research. I am pretty confident I am accurate but feel free to correct me if I'm not.
    Last edited by m1ke323; 21 October 2006, 12:51 Saturday.

Comment

• Risingjay
      • Oct 2006

That's exactly what I wanted to hear!

Thanks Mike.

I just stummbled upon this site yesterday and am blown away. There's a lot of good people in hear. I've been stuck in the Klipsch forums for a while. Time to venture out.

Comment

• m1ke323
        • Jun 2006

Why type of sub do you plan on building? Ported/Sealed Box/Sonotube Single/Dual

Comment

• jonathanb3478
          • May 2006

I will venture a guess that he wants one that kicks @$$. I bet he is pretty open as to its other features.

I will recommend a large (~335 liters/11.7 cuft, net) sonotube based 15" TC-2000 ported sub tuned to ~15.5 Hz. I will eventually build several of these for me and my friends.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

:T
          Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
          -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• Risingjay
            • Oct 2006

Looking at TC Sounds TC-2000, Up to 382.3 liters, Sonotube ported. I already have a QSC-3402 (monster) to power it.

I'm playing with the numbers and am not sure if I doing this right. I'm useing the WinISD beta program to calculate.

I want to use 20" sonotube. I figured on it to be tuned to 16hz, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

My system

Mains - Klipsch Chorus II's
            Pre- Juicymusic Blueberry Xtreme (tube)
            Amps - Dynaco Mark III's (tube), Carver TFM-42, QSC 3402
            Bass Management - Outlaw audio
            Buying - Outlaw audio Model 990 soon!
            CD Player - AH! 4000 (tube)

No sub yet, I want to get it right the first time.

Comment

• Inu_Yasha
              • May 2006

RL-p15 is an awesome sub; you will see that many people use this sub! I personally have one and I love it. If you can use a bigger enclosure, I would definately suggest doing so and going ported.

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Risingjay
                I'm useing the WinISD beta program to calculate.
                Get WinISD Pro alpha. it's fairly accurate, what you're using isn't

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Risingjay
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
                  Get WinISD Pro alpha. it's fairly accurate, what you're using isn't
                  No, I'm using WinISD beta. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• derekbannatyne
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Risingjay
                    No, I'm using WinISD beta. Thanks for the heads up.
                    There isn't a beta version for WinISD Pro out, the regular WinISD is the only one with a beta version.

Comment

• kramskoi
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by m1ke323
                      I have not yet built my sub, but am in the planning stages. I have gathered a decent amount of information in my research on those subs.

1. Soundsplinter RL-p15
                      - possibly the most popular and is a great sub, but the TC-2000 has the upperhand in a comparison. The RL-p15 is cheaper and close though.

2. TC-3000 - a high output driver geared more towards car audio, where as the TC-2000 is a lower distortion driver geared more towards Home Audio. The TC-3000 being a car audio geared sub is best suited in a sealed enclosure. Despite all this, it can be used with GREAT results for home audio, the TC-2000 just has the upper hand in lowest distortion.

3. TC-2000 - I pretty much explained this by comparing it to the other drivers. It has very low distortion and when ported is a great bang for your buck. This is the driver I plan on using.

I don't have any personal experience with these drivers, but have been doing a lot of research. I am pretty confident I am accurate but feel free to correct me if I'm not.

i wonder how many individuals have "actually tested" (Klippel or otherwise) distortion vs. all of these drivers...i'd love to see the results... :roll:
                      ...our brains and nervous systems constitute a belief-generating machine, a system that evolved to assure not truth, logic, and reason, but survival...

2x15" TC Sounds .45Q sealed
                      M. Boutte HT
                      3x15" @ 10 Hz

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"