X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarhead
    • Oct 2006

Sub repair

I have an HK AVR 335 receiver along with a HK HKTS 14 speaker package. With the sub out of the receiver connected to the LFE input on the sub I get no sound (it used to work in this same configuration). If I use the L or R input on the sub I do get sound. The sub is still under warranty from HK but the repair facility is telling me 3.5 weeks turnaround. If this is something I can fix my self I would prefer to do so.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

HKTS 14 Speaker package:

AVR 335 Receiver:
  • Biff
    • Jul 2006

First I think you should localize your problem - try another source for input (low volume) like a pre-out, tape loop, etc.If you have sound, then it's the rcvr. If no sound, then try the speaker level inputs on the sub amp from a speaker lead. If no sound there, pull the driver and go direct with a speaker lead. Once you have isolated the problem, ship only what you need to. BTW, check to see if that's OK with HK first. Might check fuse in sub amp also. Good luck!

Comment

• Biff
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Biff
      First I think you should localize your problem - try another source for input (low volume) like a pre-out, tape loop, etc.If you have sound, then it's the rcvr. If no sound, then try the speaker level inputs on the sub amp from a speaker lead. If no sound there, pull the driver and go direct with a speaker lead. Once you have isolated the problem, ship only what you need to. BTW, check to see if that's OK with HK first. Might check fuse in sub amp also. Good luck!

Ignore much of previous post, apparently I took that Evelyn Woods class too fast.

Comment

• Licinius
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Biff
        Ignore much of previous post, apparently I took that Evelyn Woods class too fast.
        :rofl:

You can take it apart and look for loose connections and such, but since it's under warranty, I'd just send the sub in. Or just plug into the left or right and be done with it (as they are still line-level, just make sure the filter switch is off) ... =)

Comment

• PMazz
          • May 2001

Are you sure the sub output is still enabled in the receiver setup menus?

Pete
          Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• dyazdani
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by PMazz
            Are you sure the sub output is still enabled in the receiver setup menus?

Pete
            That's what I was thinking at first too, but I think he's saying that it's the LFE input on the sub that is messed up. The sub (LFE) out on the receiver works but only with the L/R input on the sub.

I agree that if it's under warranty, to send it in. The only thing you can do if you've exhausted all the other options is to break her open and see if there's a loose connection.
            Danish

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"