X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolex
    • Mar 2005

NOS for Audax

Does anyone know any place to check in the US for sales of the Audax HM170Z18 mid bass driver?

Or, does anyone know a driver that has similar characteristics?

Here are the specs, listed in a different language, but some may still be able to make them out..

Nominale Impedanz (Ohm) 8 Ohm
    Empf. Frequenzbereich (Hz) bis 3.000 Hz
    Empf. Gehäuseprinzip BR 15-30 l
    SPL 2,83 V/1m (dB) 89,5 dB
    Fs 38 Hz
    Qts 0,32
    Qes 0,34
    Qms 4,60
    Vas (Liter) 33 Liter
    Xmax (mm) 3,3 +- mm
    Rdc (Ohm) 6,1 Ohm
    Rms (kg/s) 0,62 Ns/m
    Gewicht (kg) 1,7 kg
    Stückpreis (€) 98,00 EUR
  • capslock
    • Dec 2004

If Zalytron, Madisound, Solen and PE are out of stock, it will be difficult. I believe Matt Daigler has sold all his stock by now.

The Z18 has a rubber phase plug and a conventional surround. Specs can be founde here:

I have a bunch of Z12 (dust cap and inverted surround), but if you are planning to use them in a specific design, you would have to change the XO.

The other idea would be to buy from Rainer. The price of €99 already contains 16% tax that will not be charged for a shipment outside of Europe. However, with shipping and duties, a pair will end up costing you about $250.

Comment

• Rolex
      • Mar 2005

Thanks for the response. Does anyone have a suggestion for a different driver that I could use and then redesign the crossover? I like smooth, natural midrange and am willing to sacrifice a little bass to acheive that.

Comment

• capslock
        • Dec 2004

Maybe you should say what design you were planning to use and why?

Comment

• Rolex
          • Mar 2005

I've talked with a local DIY expert and he is going to guide me through driver selection and crossover design. So I should be all set.

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Here ya go....
            We are doing some work on our site. Please come back later. We'll be up and running in no time.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Rolex
              • Mar 2005

Thomas, Meniscus is in my backyard. Literally. They are 8 minutes from my work. They don't carry that driver any more. They are helping me redesign the crossover to work with different drivers. Ones that are actually in stock.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"