X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonathanb3478
    • May 2006

I found out there is a Northern-CA DIY event on 10/14

I had not seen it posted here, yet. Maybe I just missed it, however. I should be there. I found it here:

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
    -Vernon Sanders Law
  • truckman
    • Aug 2006

So close ... but alas I have another commitment that day

Comment

• jonathanb3478
      • May 2006

I am lucky I didn't. I never saw anything about this before a couple hours ago, either. That makes it difficult if I had to plan for available time. It works out that I don't, but I am sure others will.
      Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
      -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• jonathanb3478
        • May 2006

Who else went to this today?
        -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• Patrick Bateman
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by jonathanb3478
          Who else went to this today?
          If it wasn't for your post I would have never known about it, so thank you! I had a good time. I wish I'd arrived earlier, so I could have heard Charlie Laub's three ways. And it was good to hear Mark K talk about measuring drivers.

:: PB ::

Comment

• jonathanb3478
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Patrick Bateman
            If it wasn't for your post I would have never known about it, so thank you! I had a good time. I wish I'd arrived earlier, so I could have heard Charlie Laub's three ways. And it was good to hear Mark K talk about measuring drivers.

:: PB ::

You're welcome. I am glad I found out about it in time, myself.

He was having an issue with properly matching the level of the mid/tweet boxes with the bass bins of those 3-ways. I just decided to reserve judgment unless I can hear it properly setup for the room it is in. That giant venue did not strike me as the best one possible to audition any of the designs present.

I was very glad that Mark K was at the event. I loved hearing his RS28a/RS225 2-ways. Especially when he said that, sound wise, he would rather go with one of the "Mission Accomplished" designs, here. :E

Next time, I need to not forget to bring my own material to audition the designs with. It would have been better if I could have auditioned some of the designs with material I am familiar with. Next time, next time.
            -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• Mark K
              • Feb 2002

Hey, it was good to go. I wish I could have spent more time there. It's been a busy year. Still, at least I had a completed project to demo, the RS22528A and it acquitted itself well I thought.

Next year hopefully I'll have a little more time to actually generate a formal presentation and bring some test equipment.

If only I could get Jon to stop working so hard and come to one of these...
              www.audioheuristics.org

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Mark K
                Still, at least I had a completed project to demo, the RS22528A and it acquitted itself well I thought.
                I really liked the sound of that pair, overall. I particularly loved the quality of the bass that it produced. It also liked the overall frequency response balance. Very pleasant.

I really want to be able to bring a completed project to the next one of these I attend.
                -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• Mark K
                  • Feb 2002

Originally posted by jonathanb3478
                  I really liked the sound of that pair, overall. I particularly loved the quality of the bass that it produced. It also liked the overall frequency response balance. Very pleasant.

I really want to be able to bring a completed project to the next one of these I attend.
                  Thanks,

It sounds suprisingly, uh, "non metal coned." :W

I actually strive for neutrality. When someone says "the highs are so detail," or, "there's so much bass," it makes me wonder if something is wrong.

And I agree the quality of the bass and the range between 50-1k is really good. On some of the pieces, Bela or the organ music, you could tell that the sub 40 Hz just wasn't there. But really, you don't miss it...much.

Actually, I'm sure that it competes with some of the modula stuff. I just recommend Jon's because the RS22528A as posted requires cherry picking some RS28A's. If you build it with a stock set of RS28's it may or may not work.
                  www.audioheuristics.org

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by Mark K
                    Actually, I'm sure that it competes with some of the modula stuff. I just recommend Jon's because the RS22528A as posted requires cherry picking some RS28A's. If you build it with a stock set of RS28's it may or may not work.
                    Oh, ok. That wasn't what I got from your limited comments at the meet, but your clarification sure makes sense. :T
                    -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• JonP
                      • Apr 2006

Just too many things going on, and just a bit far of a hike for last minute change of plans to possibly let me go... Maybe next year!

I really would have liked to hear Mark's RS 2-way. I haven't given up, Mark.. just stalled out from excess work, and will get back into my project!! I now have a pair of slightly used RS28's besides the TDFC's, need to see if I got lucky in cherry picking land...

So, anyone have pics up yet?

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"