X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • v8lifestyle
    • Sep 2006

NEWB WinISD question

I searched and looked for 20 min and couldn't find an answer so sorry about the super basic question. Anyway my question is when entering the box volume, I just enter the volume of the enclosure as if there was no port installed. Correct? Its a ported design BTW. I am using 24" sonotube that is 46.625" tall. 8" port and want to tune to 17-18Hz. So the volume that i am using in WinISD is 345.6L. IS that correct?
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Unless otherwise specified, the box volume is always the 'net' volume of the box. That means you add-in the driver, port, whatever, to get the gross internal volume.

I don't use WinISD, but I recall seeing a post somewhere that it has a tab setting where you can enter the volume of the port.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Tommythecat
      • Nov 2005

There is a tab for choosing port diameter (and number of ports) that will tell you the surface area and length. But there is nowhere to input the port volume.

And 345L would not include the displacement of the port, driver, and other braces/mounting rings, etc. You need to estimate the amount of airspace you'll have after you would mount everything and enter that into the "box volume" space.

You'll have to fudge around with the numbers because as you decrease the port length, you'll change both its volume and the box's.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"