X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dawg1161
    • May 2006

5.5cft ported Quatro Powered Sub.

Hello to all, I just finished another sub. Its a Quatro 15" powered (250 rms) I took this out of the sealed box and made a new ported box (5.5cft) The sound is very good for both movies and music but it didn't quite meet the WAF. Its huge but i like it so its gonna go to my media room, though this room is not suited (12x12) for it. The box size is 36" h X 18" w X 18.5" d (external). I have also learned that bracing is very important with a box this size. As soon as I finish the exterior i will attempt again to post the pictures. Thank You for listening.
  • Brian Walter
    • Sep 2005

I'm building a 5.5 cuft ported Quatro sub right now. I hope to glue up the pieces this evening. My box is slightly shorter than yours and a little fatter in the other dimensions. What did you tune your box to? I'm planning on around 18 HZ with a 4" diameter by 16" long port.

Brian Walter

Comment

• WillyD
      • Feb 2006

My father and I built a similar sub near the beginning of the year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	afinishedsub.webp
Views:	27
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	939370

Click image for larger version

Name:	abarecab.webp
Views:	26
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	939371

I believe it is 6.5ft^3 tuned to ~19Hz (maybe a bit lower) using two 4" ports, each one being ~26" long.

It performs admirably for under $250 total.
      Last edited by theSven; 08 June 2023, 14:22 Thursday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• dawg1161
        • May 2006

I followed the instructions on the spec sheet that came with the sub. 4" @ 12 3/4" long. I believe it said it would tune it to 24hz. I kinda feel pretty ops: stupid not thinking to tune it lower. I can only imagine how it would sound with U-571 tuned any lower ;x( ....I continue to learn things everytime i read in this forum.
        Everyone is always so helpful..........

Until i found this forum , I had been using MCM 12" Subs and building them in basic 2cft boxes and using them as passive subs crossed at 100hz. They sounded fine but this forum opened up a whole new world as far as building home theater subs. I still have a Mcm 12" dvc and a 2 Madisound 12" dvc 1 4ohm and 1 8ohm to do something with. Maybe for the kids ? I also have a Carver 10" powered sub, it will go bye bye also. I also have 3 sets of tower speakers to build based on the D-III design.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"