X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dynamowhum
    • Aug 2006

Listening impression on WMTW

So far I have had the speaker up for a several hours. I am listening to it right now at -26db on my pannasonic XR 57. It is very clear and articulate. I hear no distortion. I would push it some more but I don't want to wake up the rest of the house. If I didn't have the room fairly well sound insulated from the rest of the house it would be a definite problem. Very nice indeed. Now if I could just get my IB going all would be well. Cheers.
  • Landroval
    • Dec 2005

Pics?

The WMTW seems to be a sure thing when one wants a big center.

Comment

• dynamowhum
      • Aug 2006

Hey land I posted some pics about a week ago. Just a plain jane box that isn't veneered yet.
      With more listening time I realize my room really needs some accoustical treatment. Lots of echo. Pretty much knew I was going to any way, but hearing is affirming.

Comment

• dynamowhum
        • Aug 2006

Just got through watching Das Boot. This was my first movie with this center channel and the new IB. All I can say it was worth the wait and the struggle. This morning I was a little down about the IB because it wasn't working, but it is now at least partially working.
        The center channel preformed fantastically for HT. Thinking on it brings a smile to my face. I was listening to the movie at reference level. My wifes first comment on the IB with the depth charge scenes was it was going to crack the ceiling. To which I just had to laugh. I could hear all the voices clearly even over the IB going crazy.
        I think when I get my testing equipment in and the IB's clean box I will have a better idea where I am with these. Then I will probably start to think about room correction while slooooowly building the mains speakers on this side. You know like a wife distraction thing. :B Keeping her confused and off balance is the best defense. LOL. Cheers.

Comment

• Dennis H
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2002

Do a calibration before you buy the clean box. You may not need it.

Comment

• WillyD
            • Feb 2006

Thinking on it brings a smile to my face. I was listening to the movie at reference level.
            That is excellent that your Panny can drive it to reference levels with no problem. What are you using for your mains?

Comment

• dynamowhum
              • Aug 2006

Dennis to late on the clean box ordered it this morning.
              Willy right now I have these now dinky little small Infinity Alpha 20's. I am also using a pair for surround duty. After I build the matching mains I will use the current mains for 7.1 surround duty. Probably will be awhile though. Thinking room treatment is next. Then the screen wall. I should be about ready for the FP after that but that is awhile down the road. Somewhere in there I will be building the mains boxes and getting the beasties built. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"