X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dynamowhum
    • Aug 2006

Panasonic XR57/ behringer 1500

I am using the Panasonic xr 57 with the behringer 1500 as a sub amp. Well to make a long story short I am not getting a signal to the behringer amp. I went through the panasonic manual and even called their tech support so I know it is set up right. The signal light is not coming on the behringer. Does this mean I now need the Art Clean Box? Thanks in advance.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Yep....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• ---k---
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2005

Thomas,

Would adding a BFD do the trick also? If you put the BFD switches into the HOME mode, does that effectively boost the signel?
      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

The switches on the back of the BFD are just to tell it what signal level to expect.

If one is using a ton of boost it will raise the drive level going to the power amp. However that's not the best solution to the problem.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dynamowhum
          • Aug 2006

Thanks Thomas, I figured that's what it would take.

Comment

• ---k---
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW
            The switches on the back of the BFD are just to tell it what signal level to expect.
            So, if you set the BFD so that it expected to see a wussie home level, it would be happy with it, but it won't boost it when it outputs it. It is still a wussie home level on the way out. Bummer.

I've never had the problem, but thought it might be something that would kill two birds with one stone.
            - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
            CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
            CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• dynamowhum
              • Aug 2006

Partial success

Reading on another thread Inu-Yasha mentioned changing out his 1/4" to RCA adapter. I just did the same and I do now have some sound. So a big thanks for sharing your info Inu. I am having to turn the amp all the way up to get the sound so I expect the clean box I ordered to take care of that problem.
              Still I am excited as the IB sounds GREAT! even at these lower levels.
              Now to put Das Boot back on. Igor throw the switch. :twisted:

Comment

• dynamowhum
                • Aug 2006

Wow movie was great. I had forgot to hit the submit post button before I started on the movie. Man I can't wait for the clean box to come in to really show off the IB. Weekend after next going to be a party at Freds house.

Comment

• Inu_Yasha
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by dynamowhum
                  Reading on another thread Inu-Yasha mentioned changing out his 1/4" to RCA adapter. I just did the same and I do now have some sound. So a big thanks for sharing your info Inu. I am having to turn the amp all the way up to get the sound so I expect the clean box I ordered to take care of that problem.
                  Still I am excited as the IB sounds GREAT! even at these lower levels.
                  Now to put Das Boot back on. Igor throw the switch. :twisted:
                  No problem. You may want to also consider getting a higher quality cable; I was using my microphone's xlr to 1/4 cable to hook my bfd to my amp and I was having serious signal degration. I finally took the time to build me a xlr to xlr cable and it has made worlds of difference in signal quality. My cleanbox is slated to be delivered tommorow so I'll probabbly report back on my results.

Comment

• dynamowhum
                    • Aug 2006

okay I ordered my clean box this morning so I quess I will be seeing it by next Tuesday. Please do report your results.
                    Fred

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"