• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big-Al
    • Sep 2006

Uber Sub 25" Subwoofer

Any one played with this

Hemp Acoustics 25" Tsuzureko

Most incredible sub I have ever experienced personally was the original Aurasound 1808 now called NRT 18-8 in a 8 CuFt box at CES 1994 or so.
  • mrogowski
    • Jul 2006

Definitely some serious 'aw' factor there, but at $1500 a pop, it would be difficult to justify getting one. I looked at some 20" units at one point, but decided not to pursue it...

Best,
    Mark
    Where no sound has gone before

Comment

• Scott Simonian
      • Nov 2004

Anyone know what the Sd would be on a 25" sub?
      My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Ask these guys....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JohnL
          • Dec 2004

Well, playing with one now. This thing is absolutely crazy. The only reason I got it was because I got an incredibly good deal on it (WAF on this beast is very low, I think that factored in to the selling price). I will say it's very well put together and doesn't sound sloppy at all in a 10 cube sealed box. I'll take some measurements on it when I get something significant to power it with. I think this means that thoughts of 15" LLTs have just gone right out the window. Anyone want to buy some sonotube?

BTW, Sd is looking to be about 1750 cm2.

Comment

• JonP
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Scott Simonian
            Anyone know what the Sd would be on a 25" sub?
            I'd think the error of just eyeballing the frame/surround dimension would be pretty small, on a diameter that big!! 8O

Comment

• dynamowhum
              • Aug 2006

Okay let's see how many days of OT does that come to? Me likey. Would this work in an IB situation?

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"