X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ralph
    • Sep 2006

Hello, Noob here

New here & just wanted to say hello from Oklahoma & post a link to my work pictures. Anyone wanting to copy anything for your own home, just feel free to do so. This started as a hobby after I quit my other job & turned into a way to pay the bills. 1 man business! No helpers ,yeehaa! And lots of fun seeing what everyone else has purchased for their own homes. I even get to see & hear the latest stuff. For Oklahoma that is! And YES, we are a little behind the times.

Last edited by ThomasW; 24 September 2006, 19:33 Sunday.
  • M.Roberts8
    • Jan 2006

:welcome: to the guide!
    Are you planning on building some speakers? If so I don't think you will have any trouble with the woodworking aspect. I checked out your gallery and nice work :T
    So what part of Oklahoma are you from? I lived in Tulsa for about 6 years that was about 12 years ago though.

-Mark

Comment

• Ralph
      • Sep 2006

Oklahoma city suburbs.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

It's always a bit problematic when someone posts examples of their business offerings. We have a number of cabinetmakers that post on the forum. None to use the forum to promote their products or services.

If you build some speakers, posting pictures of those would be welcomed.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• kurtholz
          • Feb 2005

Hi Mark

very nice work, i live in Tulsa, you do work anyplace outside of the OK city area?

regards

Kurt

Comment

• Ralph
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
            It's always a bit problematic when someone posts examples of their business offerings. We have a number of cabinetmakers that post on the forum. None to use the forum to promote their products or services.

If you build some speakers, posting pictures of those would be welcomed.

Posting these pics are not to promote business here. I only work in Oklahoma. Just showing what i have done & if anyone is interested, they can copy one for their own homes. I am just an enthusiast like others here.
            You must have gotten the wrong idea! Go ahead & kill the thread.

Comment

• M.Roberts8
              • Jan 2006

Ralph,
              I think the only problem was your link was to your buisness site. This is a well moderated forum (a good thing) so its best to follow the rules is all.

-Mark

Comment

• Ralph
                • Sep 2006

I did build a sub for a buddy but never got pictures of it. I did the cabinet work & he did the electronics. He works for a local Home theater company. Turned out good for my first one. The only speakers I built have been over 10 years ago. 1 pair.

This , along with Motorcycles are a hobby of mine.

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

The only speakers I built have been over 10 years ago. 1 pair.
                  Obviously you've got great cabinetmaking skills, how about putting them to work building some speakers?... :T

Were you to use the (proven public domain) designs posted in the Missions Accomplished section, might be the start of another income stream....:wink:

(Hint) it's no big deal to setup a wholesale account at Part Express.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Ralph
                    • Sep 2006

There is so much to learn about them. It would take a long time to catch up. But it sounds interesting.

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                      • May 2006

Fortunately for me, I clicked on the link already, so I have the OP's site in my History. Lots of nice ideas at that link. :T

Originally posted by ThomasW
                      Were you to use the (proven public domain) designs posted in the Missions Accomplished section, might be the start of another income stream....:wink:
                      My understanding is you could sell enclosures for other people to put the Missions Accomplished designs in, but selling them complete would violate the way the were offered, ie "free for personal use".

Maybe I am missing something, however.
                      Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
                      -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• Ralph
                        • Sep 2006

I don't mind helping out an enthusiast with some details. This is a hobby for me also. It would not be cost effective to sell out of state for the buyer. I posted the link just so folks could see them & get some ideas. I just work locally. Although i have traveled to so. Cal. to help out a friend with a remodel the year before last. I use to live in LA. years ago. Then to bloomington, Riverside, and San Berdo.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"