X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vanders
    • Apr 2006

Any DIY'ers in Atlanta?

Hi,

I'm an Aussie looking for somebody who lives in Atlanta.
    I would like to purchase some gear from PE but the cost of shipping is crazy to Australia, but I'm coming over to Atlanta in October & was wondering if there was somebody that I could get PE to ship some gear to & then I could collect it when I'm over there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • yousuredo2
    • Jun 2006

Sure, several of us are from the area...
    I am in Dallas, ga, West of Atlanta, about 20 miles or so...
    where are you going to be at when you come to Atlanta ?

you are welcome to use my addy, or wait for someone who is going to be closer...
    chris
    My System
    ~ BenQ w5000 DLP 1080p Projector
    ~ Sony Bravia SXRD KDS-60A3000
    ~ Onkyo tx sr805
    ~ Sony PS.3
    ~ Xbox 360
    ~ Natalie P's Main L/R
    ~ Polk Csi A6 -Center
    ~ Polk RTi6 Rears
    ~ Behringer ep2500
    ~ Behringer Fbq 2496

Comment

• Vanders
      • Apr 2006

Thanks Chris,

I'm going to a welding show at the Georgia World Congress Center from October 30 - November 2.
      We're staying at the Renaissance Atlanta Hotel Downtown.
      I'm sure I can arrange to get to where ever I need to to pick up the parts.

I really appreciate your offer.

If you could PM me your details & I will keep in touch.

Could you tell me how long PE take to deliver goods within the US?

Regards,

Mark

Comment

• Brian Bunge
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2001

I lived in Atlanta for 13 years and bought from Parts Express for about the last 4-5 years. Before I had a dealer account, if I ordered before 3pm on Monday I'd receive my order on Thursday. Once I had a dealer account if I ordered before 3pm on Monday I'd get my order on Wednesday most times. I even got a shipment the next day once. But that was when Darren sent me a pair of Dayton RS 10" HO drivers to test out.

I'd say as long as you place your order early in the week it'll be there before you're ready to fly home.

Comment

• chasw98
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Vanders
          Thanks Chris,

I'm going to a welding show at the Georgia World Congress Center from October 30 - November 2.
          We're staying at the Renaissance Atlanta Hotel Downtown.
          I'm sure I can arrange to get to where ever I need to to pick up the parts.

I really appreciate your offer.

If you could PM me your details & I will keep in touch.

Could you tell me how long PE take to deliver goods within the US?

Regards,

Mark
          If you are going to the AWS/FABTECH show, my company will have a booth at the show. I could probably arrange to have my guys bring the parts to the show and you could pick them up at our booth. Let me know.

Chuck

PS, If I order from PE on a Friday, I always have it by the following Friday, usually sooner.

Comment

• dCraig
            • Jun 2006

I'm in Atlanta too (Roswell/Alpharetta) way north of downtown. I have been lucky enough to get my orders from PE within three days usually. My last order got held up because of something Paypal did so I would recommend placing the order before you leave Australia.

Any local get-togethers happening to do some sound comparisons???

Comment

• pereze
              • May 2006

I also am in the Roswell/Alpharetta area. I am a newbie to speaker building, although I did build a set of the Dayton MTM from Wayne's site.

Craig,
              I would love to hear those NatP's you just built. I am planning on building some speakers for my home theater room and was looking into those.
              You also seem to have a nice shop over there. We just moved into a new (to us) house and I need to get my shop setup. Let me know if you want to come help set mine up. :P

I am certainly up for a get together. Anyone else?

Comment

• Vanders
                • Apr 2006

Thanks heaps guys, thats what I love about this forum & the guys who participate in it, everyone is so helpfull.
                Yes Chuck I'm going to the AWS show. I was planning on buying the parts before I leave Australia. I'm going to build the Nat Ps, I know it a different thread but does anybody know which of the XO designs worked out the best?

Comment

• Vanders
                  • Apr 2006

By the way a get together would be great! I wish I was there for a weekend, but I fly into Atlanta on Monday lunch time & out on Thursday......

Comment

• yousuredo2
                    • Jun 2006

Looks Like chasw98, can you hook you up...
                    and alot closer than me...

But if you still need the addy, I will send it to you via PM...
                    chris

(in regards to a local meet, I havent built anything yet, still working on My NatP's Curved Boxes...But sounds Like fun)
                    My System
                    ~ BenQ w5000 DLP 1080p Projector
                    ~ Sony Bravia SXRD KDS-60A3000
                    ~ Onkyo tx sr805
                    ~ Sony PS.3
                    ~ Xbox 360
                    ~ Natalie P's Main L/R
                    ~ Polk Csi A6 -Center
                    ~ Polk RTi6 Rears
                    ~ Behringer ep2500
                    ~ Behringer Fbq 2496

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"