X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dCraig
    • Jun 2006

Adding a Bass Bin

I searched but could not find this topic. Can anyone point me to a good thread on how to add a bass bin to a speaker?

I want to understand how the crossover of a small 2-way would fit together with a subwoofer crossover and how the two get voiced properly together. Do you need an active crossover? Or, do you just build a sub to sit under the 2-way and use sub outs from the pre-amp?

I would also love to understand how I can add a side firing sub to a floor standing design. Is this in Speakerbuilding 201?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Marzen
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by dCraig
    I would also love to understand how I can add a side firing sub to a floor standing design. Is this in Speakerbuilding 201?
    No, there's no mention of side firing woofer designs in either SB201 or Dickason's LDC v7. I do remember someone on here posting a recommendation for the low pass xo point around a year ago.
    Some related info here at Misc. Filter Questions
    -Ward
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 20:09 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I guess the real question is do you want bass bins or a pair of subwoofers. There's a difference.

BTW if you do a search for 'bass bins' lots of threads show up.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dCraig
        • Jun 2006

I guess I want both. Opens the door to lots of different designs. Thanks for the suggestions. I found the stuff this time.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"