X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • happy
    • Mar 2006

How much power for Nat p's?

I built a pair of Natalie P's a couple months back and have been listening to from a smaller 80w per channel integrated (Jolida) and they really sound good, however occassionally I think they may want a little more power. So my question is, to those of you who know the charecteristics of theses speakers well and those who have built them, what is an ideal range of power to give these for a 2 channel setup? Basically I am thinking of moving to separates and was wondering if I should look into a bigger amplifier or stay with another smaller amplifier. Thanks.
  • TacoD
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2004

I think the max. power these speakers can handle is ~120W (tweeter is the limiting factor I think). The Nat P. is a 4 Ohm load so an amplifier that can do 200W in 4 Ohm should be plenty.

Comment

• fjhuerta
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2006

I have used two amps:

1. A T-amp (don't laugh)
      2. A Rotel RB-1070 (200W into 4 Ohms).

My opinion: The T-amp sounded absolutely out of this world, although it was severly lacking in bass, and couldn't go too loud. It was the first amp I used. I then stepped up to the Rotel.

I don't think I'll ever use those 200W. The speakers are nicely efficient (and I have a big room).

I'd say 200W is the sweet spot. Although I'm dying for the speakers to completely break-in, so I can use my MC-30's with them!
      Javier Huerta

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"