X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marzen
    • Jul 2005

DIY Dayton 2006 Info???

Hi,
    Anyone have a link regarding this years event?
    -Ward
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
  • Jim Griffin
    • Apr 2006

Parts Express Sponsored DIY Speaker Event

Don't know about a link to a website but it has been discussed on the P-E message board. The event is Saturday, September 30th this year starting at 9:00 am. It will be at the Hampton Inn in Springboro, Ohio (just a couple of blocks from the P-E distribution site). The Hampton Inn is at I-75 exit 38.

P-E usually offers a 15-20 % discount the day of the event so it may be worth your trip if you need some goodies from P-E.

Comment

• Marzen
      • Jul 2005

Thanks Jim. I called that Hampton Inn yesterday evening but was thrown off when the night mgr said there was nothing on the calendar for the 30th. I was going to drive down Fri nite and stay at the S'boro Hampton provided there was something interesting at the diy event.

Comment

• Jim Griffin
        • Apr 2006

Great to hear that you'll attend. Usually a dedicated group gets together to go out to eat on Friday night before the event and then Saturday night after the event. We usually have an informal session on Friday night if we have access to the meeting room for speaker set-up and shop talk. You are certainly welcome to join us.

Comment

• cobbpa
          • Apr 2005

How certain is it that PE will give that discount? I'll definitely have to be at the event, sounds cool, especially being only about an hour away!

Comment

• Jim Griffin
            • Apr 2006

Well, I've been to the Dayton DIY the past three years and the discount has been either 15 or 20 % every year. Of course nothing in life is certain...

Comment

• Marzen
              • Jul 2005

Jim, what time does the event end on Saturday?
              thanks,
              ward

Comment

• Jim Griffin
                • Apr 2006

Typically, the meeting winds down by about 4:00 pm or so. Of course not everyone is there for the entire day, so if you have to leave early there is no issue.

Comment

• Marzen
                  • Jul 2005

Thanks, I was trying to decide whether to spend Fri or Sat nite at the hotel. I think I'll come down Fri after work.
                  -Ward

Comment

• Jim Griffin
                    • Apr 2006

Parts Express Dayton DIY Speaker Event

Good News! P-E is offering a 20% discount on Saturday for attendees at the DIY speaker event. Another reason to attend.

Comment

• Marzen
                      • Jul 2005

Who's going?

Just curious on who's planning on being there. It would be nice to put a face to some of the text I see here.
                      -Ward

Comment

• cobbpa
                        • Apr 2005

I should be there. I'm definitely making a rather large purchase to kick off my uncle's HT build . Hopefully we get to drop in and see some of the designs. Any idea if any designs from this forum will be there?

Comment

• Marzen
                          • Jul 2005

Since this is my first event I thought I'd ask what the show schedule includes? (a guest speaker, listening and/or judging, etc.) Also not to be overlooked - where's a good place to eat & get a beer? :
                          -Ward

Comment

• cobbpa
                            • Apr 2005

I don't know about the schedule part; this is my first time too. Within a few minute's drive is about any kind ofo place you'd want to eat...from McDonald's to Applebee's to Bravo's. There's a Red Robin burger place, Bdubs, nice Frickers, and I think a Quaker Steak & Lube (can't remember exactly where it is) nearby. I haven't been to any places in Springboro, but any of those are good eater- & drinker- ies fairly close, though I don't have any experience with local places to speak of.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"