X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobbpa
    • Apr 2005

Graphs Room Placement / BSC effects

Does anyone have handy a graph of a speaker placed correctly in a room (according to the BSC designed into the crossover) and then a graph of the same speaker pushed very near the rear wall? I was just thinking that I've never seen two graphs depicting the way the placement changes response. I realize that it depends on the drivers, BSC in the xover network, etc., and that a rear-firing port may be thrown way outta whack by the change. Just curious, more than anything.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by cobbpa
    Does anyone have handy a graph of a speaker placed correctly in a room (according to the BSC designed into the crossover) and then a graph of the same speaker pushed very near the rear wall?
    Never seen any.
    I realize that it depends on the drivers, BSC in the xover network, etc., and that a rear-firing port may be thrown way outta whack by the change.
    BSC has nothing to do with the port. The frequencies involved are much higher than the port tuning. Here's something that may be of assistance....
    True Audio Tech Topics: Loudspeaker Diffraction Loss and Compensation
    Last edited by ThomasW; 08 September 2006, 22:29 Friday.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Jed
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Apr 2005

To estimate how the room with affect response you can use the software at http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/frdgroup.htm. For room acoustics info and setup procedures for your loudspeakers you can go here : http://www.wilsonaudio.com/technotes/index.html and click on room acoustics. But most importantly trust your ears.

Jed

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"