X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

LOL - watch your units and calcs :)

For more than a few minutes there, I was cursing because I thought my Seas 5.5" woofers had a Vas of 30L. Everything else pretty close to spec. Note to self: don't screw up entering effective diameter The L15 I just measured is as close to spec as any other brand woofer I have tested (peerless/vifa/etc). Time to go test the other one.

Oh, and Praxis beats the crap out of Laud. Way impressed with it. EASY to use. Excellent purchase. LspCAD 6 on the other hand I have yet to spend much time figuring out, but it looks hard from the get-go.
  • TacoD
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2004

What a coincidence, I was trying to measure T/S myself. How do you measure the effective diameter? (Do you include some of the surround, because the surround also radiates).

Yeah the scripts in Praxis are very good.

Comment

• Amphiprion
      • Apr 2006

I took the Seas provided measure for Sd and calculated a diameter off that. Got me a Vas of 11L compared to 12L spec. I figure that's good enough for gubmint work.

Comment

• Dennis H
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2002

LspCAD 6 on the other hand I have yet to spend much time figuring out, but it looks hard from the get-go.
        I've only fiddled with the demo a bit but it's pretty intuitive once you get the hang of it. The idea is everything drags and drops onto the CAD-style circuit diagram -- passive components, active components, DSP components, drivers, boxes, etc. Place components using the Edit tab. Go to the Simulate tab and click on components to change their properties. Skim through the examples in the tutorials pdf and that will show you about everything you need to get you started.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"