X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToddS
    • Jun 2006

Jasper Jig question

Hello all,

Last weekend I was attempting to mount my new Jasper Jig to my router (a Firestorm by Black & Decker FP1000) and was only able to get 2 of the baseplate mounting holes to align. Is that enough to safely use the jig on my router? I assume it will work okay but I'm not certain. I emailed Jasper Audio about this a week ago but I still haven't received a response back from them yet.

Thank you.
  • dynamowhum
    • Aug 2006

Hi Todd, which size jig is it. Right now I have the big one on a porter cable 7529 router. The router is pretty big. Any way for my set up I would not want to use less screws than what is called for. You can always take your baseplate screws to your local hardware store and match them up. I had to do that myself a couple years back. Doesn't hurt to get a couple of extras either. Don't ask how I figured that out. Cheers.

Comment

• ToddS
      • Jun 2006

I have the model 200. I can get 2 out of the 3 to line up but I think I'd have to drill a hole in the Jasper Jig to be able use a third screw.

Comment

• Brian Bunge
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2001

I wouldn't worry about it. On my old DeWalt DW621 I could only line up two of the three mounting holes for the Jasper and it worked fine.

Comment

• dynamowhum
          • Aug 2006

I would think you could drill a new hole and just counter sink it. If you are careful you should be fine.

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
            • Aug 2001

Some combinations (like the 621/200 Brian mentioned above) only call for two holes/screws, that's the way it's designed.

Comment

• ToddS
              • Jun 2006

I figured I'd be okay with two mounting screws but I thought I'd ask for other opinions anyway.

Looks like I have everything I need to make some sawdust next weekend then. I have all of the flat panels cut for 3 Adire Audio Kit-281s and 2 Kit-81s. I just need to make the driver cut outs and holes in the internal braces and I can get the cabinets glued together. I've had these kits for about four years now so it's probably time to build them.

Thanks for all of your help.

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Just make sure the jig is centered.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JonP
                  • Apr 2006

Yep.. getting it centered properly is the main goal. Keep looking, I had myself absolutely convinced that there was no way there were three matching holes to my Dewalt, then suddenly they lined up! And, I'm usually pretty good at 3d visualizing of things...

The other thing, make sure you don't overtighten the screws due to only two being avaialble. It's easy to crack the jig if you get heavy on the torque... Just firm and tight will be enough to hold it OK..

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"