X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • janders
    • Aug 2006

Help with Baffle Diffraction Simulator

When i open
    BDS (Baffle Diffraction Simulator) i keep getting the error message of the Addins -> Analysis Toolpak, even when the analysis toolpak is installed and enabled. I'm using office 2003 professional but tryed also with office XP with no success. Anyone have had the same issue?

What's the big deal with the Directional and Combined Mode Radiations Sources? is it very different from Point or Diameter modes?
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I can't answer the question about the Mode Radiation Sources because I've never run this particular program before.

But...

I got the same message opening the program, so I popped in my Office install disc and installed both the toolpak and the Vbasic toolpak. Now the program opens/loads without a problem. I'm running Office 2K, I don't know if that makes a difference.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

I have Office 2003 and it works for me - I got a copy of BDS a while back. Not sure it's the same version.

Do you have BOTH the Analysis Toolpak and the Analysis Toolpak - VBA installed?
      Danish

Comment

• janders
        • Aug 2006

Thanks for the answers; I finally got it working...
        The problem?... apparently Microsoft office MUST be in English.

I tried BDS at work on computers with office 2k, office XP and office 2003 all in Spanish, all the times I had both analysis toolpak and, VBA analysis toolpak installed and enabled and it wouldn't work until I installed office in English. I don't understand why since analysis toolpak uses mathematical functions and should be language-free, probably has something to do with the way BDS checks for the add-ins ("analysis toolpak" is not the same as "herramientas para analisis") :W

Hope this can be of use to someone
        Cheers

Comment

• dyazdani
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Oct 2005

That's good information... It's probably not a major problem, code is picky that way...
          Danish

Comment

• Dennis H
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2002

It's probably a problem with number formatting. Friends in Europe have had similar problems with US-written financial software. They had to tell Windows they were in the US on their trading computers.

Spanish (Spain) 123.456.789,00
            English (US) 123,456,789.00

Edit: PS you should be able to hot-switch. Install everything in your native language and go into Windows control panel and switch languages when you want to run a program that has problems with European-formatted numbers.

Comment

• janders
              • Aug 2006

ok, I just tried changing the regional configuration to English (United States) on a PC with windows 2K and office 2003 pro, both in Spanish, and it made no difference, the addins message was still there.

Number formatting in most Latin-America is the same as in US (123,123.00 being "." the decimal separator and "," the number grouping symbol). Date is different indeed; Latin America: dd/mm/yyyy US: mm-dd-yyyy or yyyy-mm-dd. But I changed date format to US format also and I kept getting the addins message.

Any further ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Comment

• dyazdani
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Oct 2005

I work with a group that sells a computer program in Excel. They have a similar issue when using it in Canada (French). The programmer is actually in S. America, so I passed the question on to him.

They figured it was the date format, but I'll let you know if they come up with anything.
                Danish

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"