X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobbpa
    • Apr 2005

Cordless purchases...cordless jigsaw??

I'm starting to look at buying some tools..I'll probably get one of the cordless 'kit' offerings that includes a circular saw and drill. Dewalt offers this pairing that includes a battery charger (18v) for $300. Firstly, does anybody have experience with Dewalt cordless tools? I've done some searching and reading, but fresh opinions are nice. I'll be doing a lot of the financing with Home Depot gift cards, so it has to be available there. Bosch also seems to have some nice tools, but I've no experience with them. Or Dewalt for that matter. I only lean toward the Dewalt brand because they offer a cordless jigsaw. Since I have to do a lot of my woodworking out in my yard, the fewer cord runs / changes, the better. I understand that Bosch mostly dominates on jigsaw making, but has anyone gotten to use Dewalt's cordless model? It's 18v, but I wonder if it can put out the power for more than a few cuts.

Basically, if that jigsaw is worth it, I'll definitely buy into Dewalt. If a corded jigsaw is the only path, then I will consider other brands. The cordless saw is the Dewalt DC330; I searched on here with no results. Also, is there a cordless sander on the market?
  • David L.
    • Jul 2006

I had the DeWalt DC330K. It came with the saw, blades, 18v XRP battery, charger and case. It is / was a great saw with plenty of power to spare.

I got bit by the Rotel bug and sold it to help pay for the new audio equipment I wanted. If I ever get a few extra bucks I will buy another without hesitation!

Comment

• cobbpa
      • Apr 2005

Good to hear...thanks for the input. And welcome to the forum

Comment

• Ten 99
        • Apr 2004

Unless you need the portability of cordless -- no outlets available -- I would recommend that you stick to corded power tools. The cost is higher, the maintainance is higher (read batteries), and the performance is less - when comparing cordless to corded.

JMHO. I do like cordless drills and corless impact drivers, but outside of that, I'll need a cord on my tools.

Comment

• big_ezy
          • Jun 2006

I agree with Ten 99. Generally when batteries have to be replaced you're almost better off throwing away the tools and buying new ones. The only cordless I use are cordless drills and cordless impact drivers.

Earl

Comment

• Martyn
            • Feb 2006

Same with me. I've used a cordless Makita for years, mainly because it came as part of a kit at a price I couldn't refuse. It's been very handy at times, but also very slow. I now use a Bosch corded jigsaw and can't believe its speed and the stuff it will cut. Wish I'd bought it years ago.

Comment

• noah katz
              • Dec 2005

I just got the 6-tool Ryobi kit for $230 at Home Depot.

So far, they're (1/2" drill, circ saw, jigsaw, recip saw, detail sander, vac, light) great.

Extra batteries are only $40/pair, and the reviews all said they were rugged and the batteries went longer between charges than Dewalt.
              ------------------------------
              Noah

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"