X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

A Wake for Madisound

Let's all get together tonight on this thread, 9PM eastern, and toast drinks and tell stories about the great discussion board that Madisound use to have. 'Twas a grand ol' board she was, and she deserves a good send-off.
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

It'll be back. The software they were using didn't require a password to post and the spammers were killing the forum. It'll take some time for the admins to figure it all out but they'll be back with some better software.

Comment

• PMazz
      • May 2001

I always preferred this type of format over the message board style. I hope all goes well.

Pete
      Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I'm with Pete on this one, software like the old MAD board or that used by PE is best suited for those with ADHD....:wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• chasw98
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Adhd?

Comment

• Amphiprion
            • Apr 2006

You must not be a USian or have kids. It's all the rage over here.

Comment

• Hank
              Super Senior Member
              • Jul 2002

El Nino, I left you a phone message.
              Respond or suffer.

Comment

• Amphiprion
                • Apr 2006

OK Mr. I'm Too Moral for HTF I'll give ya a ring tonight.

On a humorous note, my little brother is moving to Madison to go to grad school at Wisconsin. I had previously planned to go with him to help him move, but alas he got a furnished apartment and there was no need for me to take that long of a trip from Texas. Anyway, I was thinking of having him drop by their place of business and be all like "Hi, I'm Amphiprion from Texas. I drove up here to ask you guys when the heck do you plan on getting the message board back up?"

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by chasw98
                  Adhd?
                  Attention-Deficit-Hyperactivity-Disorder.

The reason Ritalin (methylphenidate hydrochloride) is one of the most widely prescribed drugs in the country.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Ten 99
                    • Apr 2004

Processed sugar, when combined with the ever popular Sits-on-arse-indoors-playing-video-games-instead-o'-playing-outside disease seems to be the leading cause of ADHD and plain ole ADD.

Oh, that and it's why we have an ever growing pandemic of obease children. There basically were not many examples of fat adolescents running around when I was a kid.

Of course, some of the older folks on here really know what I mean. Take Hank for instance. When he was a kid, movies were still silent.

Comment

• Amphiprion
                      • Apr 2006

Hey Ten,

Have we met? I totally need someone to plot against Hank with...

Comment

• Davey
                        • Jan 2003

I can't say that I'm missing the MAD forum, but I would have thought they'd have it setup by now. Anyone heard anything?

Davey.

Comment

• AJINFLA
                          • Mar 2005

Legally, that would be considered hearsay, but its the best I could do

Cheers,

AJ
                          Manufacturer

Comment

• Amphiprion
                            • Apr 2006

So I get to keep drinking til then, yes?

Comment

• derekbannatyne
                              • Jan 2006

Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.

seems like it's back?

Comment

• ThomasW
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

Well something is back. It's so slow it's like having dial-up and the massive word filtration makes posting almost impossible.

IMO instead of trying to work with that software they should simply go to a registration and password based system, that will stop the spam-bots

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• jkrutke
                                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW
                                  Well something is back. It's so slow it's like having dial-up and the massive word filtration makes posting almost impossible.

IMO instead of trying to work with that software they should simply go to a registration and password based system, that will stop the spam-bots
                                  I can't post there either. It's practically useless. They may as well just shut it down. That forum software looks like it was written in the early 90's, which was about 100 years ago in internet years.
                                  Zaph|Audio

Comment

• Hank
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Jul 2002

Hey Ten,
                                    Have we met? I totally need someone to plot against Hank with...
                                    El Nino, Ten 99 has only been to my garage once, and you weren't here. He hasn't attended any meets or DIY get-togethers, as I recall. He's a police officer and a nice guy, so it's no wonder he won't soil his upstanding reputation by associating with our eclectic group of strange characters. He is a bit of a smart-mouth though, so maybe there's hope. Hmmm...I wonder if he plays Texas Hold-em. :W

BTW, are you in town this weekend? Big Dog is having a UT-Ohio State game get-together at his house.

Comment

• Dennis H
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2002

I tried a trial post -- just a preview, I didn't actually post it -- and their new concept to kill the spammers is actually pretty clever. On the posting form is a graphic of a word, "tweeter" when I tried it, and you have to type that in to post. Now if they just kill the naughty filter, it might be pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"