X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjk002
    • Aug 2006

Help, Need adhesive advice!

ops: Hello everyone,

As you can see, this is my first post. I've been lurking here for many years, and have a little experience in speaker building. I was finally working on/finishing up my center channel speaker, its one of the Focal Kits from Zalytron offered several years ago. After I finished my Focal mains and surrounds a while back, my nephew decided to push in two of my dust caps on my main speakers. They are the MTMWW with the 7 inch polykevlar series. I thought while I was being productive this weekend, I'd use a technique that I read about here for fixing pushed in dust caps. Well I tried the vacum method, and much to my dismay ops: :M , the vacum had more power than I thought and sucked the dust cap up the hose. I've retrieved the dust cap and hope I can reattach it. Can anyone give me any guidance on what to use so not to degrade the sound any? Or does it matter? Thanks for your help. What a bummer topic to start out my posting
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You better ask Zayltron because a special adhesive maybe needed to adhere to the polykevlar.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"