• Show
Clear All
  • matt12v
    • Mar 2006

TC-Sounds gone black??!!!

• ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Not sure if this post is a complaint or just what.

TC-Sounds have been offering anodized cones for quite sometime. All the TC-Sounds drivers sold by SoundSplinter have been black anodized.

Anodizing makes the aluminum harder, so it's more dent resistant.

Personally I think the black cones look quite a bit better than plain old aluminum.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
      • Aug 2001

They say you never go back.

Comment

• Exocer
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jack Gilvey
        Lol.

Comment

• matt12v
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jack Gilvey
          LOL I recieved this one by accident they sent me a mismatched pair. I thought it was interesting. I didn't even know they were available in black. The black cones are harder? The black cones are stronger? Well you know what they say lol

Comment

• joetama
            • May 2006

Some of the new drivers from TC especially the TC-3000 looks pretty interesting... And they pretty much always have been avalible in black. However, I'm waiting for a 15" Q from Fi Audio, which should be pretty awesome....

They don't have any specs up on their site yet, but from what I've seen these are going to be some super awesome drivers for a really low price...

Fi Car Audio. Custom American Made Subwoofers. From 180+ dB SPL monsters to award winning SQ subs. All built in-house in Las Vegas, Nevada USA
            -Joe

Comment

• peterS
              Super Senior Member
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by joetama
              Some of the new drivers from TC especially the TC-3000 looks pretty interesting... And they pretty much always have been avalible in black. However, I'm waiting for a 15" Q from Fi Audio, which should be pretty awesome....

They don't have any specs up on their site yet, but from what I've seen these are going to be some super awesome drivers for a really low price...

http://www.ficaraudio.com
              use to be part owner of RE audio until US amps bought them

they use to use xbl^2 motor technology to reduce thd

i dont see anything like that added to these nor the mention of copper shorting rings or the like... makes me think the TC may be a better option... i dont know

Comment

• joetama
                • May 2006

Well the web site isn't too developed yet, but I'm sure they will sound good. He wasn't only part owner but designer of most of the subs as far as I know....
                -Joe

Comment

• Exocer
                  • Feb 2006

Well, its way too early to pass judgement on the Fi subs since the site is so new. Their Q series looks like a good price to performance ratio so far just from an X-max/$ standpoint. I e-mailed them asking for more detailed T/S parameters of the Q 15" driver
                  Last edited by Exocer; 14 August 2006, 13:48 Monday.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"