X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkrueger
    • Mar 2006

Natalie on Steroids?

I am wondering if a speaker like the Natalie P or the Modula MTM could be made bigger to make it even more capable as a full range speaker. Could a person change it into an 8 tweeter 8 to increase its bass abilities, without sacrificing too much of the midrange clarity of a 6.5" driver? Is full range possible with an MTM?

The only reason that I ask is that I love the sensitivity and slim baffle width of the MTM layout, and the simple crossover network involved seems like a good thing as well.
  • joecarrow
    • Apr 2005

Check out the RS 3-way projects in the Mission Accomplished section.

You ask, "Is full range possible with an MTM?", and I believe that the general consensus here is that "full range" is not really possible with a two-way speaker.
    -Joe Carrow

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Well we finally finished Tibor's MTM mini-towers. Drivers are a pair of the Hi-Vi M8a mated to a Vifa XT25 'ring radiator'. XO point is 1.25kHz, same as the M8a MKIV project The system is sealed not ported to keep the box relatively small. It's going to be used with a sub, so optimizing the LFE output wasn't a priority
      Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 01:52 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"