X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • of4strings
    • Aug 2006

Point me in the right direction

Not that it matters but my name is Eric and i play bass guitar in two bands out of syracuse NY. now to why i am here. You all have absorbed a vast amount of knowledge that i am in need of learning and i own and beat the crap out of an Hartke VX4x10 combo amplifier that just doesnt perform the way it used to.

and this is the full product (no longer featured on hartke's web site due to newer model)

The Hartke VX3500 is a powerful, well-matched combo amp for any bassist. With the classic Hartke tone and 4 10 inch speakers, the VX3500 is a real asset.

Basically what i want to do is take two random 15" speakers find out who where what and how they came about and build a ported cabinet (for the weight difference over a massive sealed enclosure) to throw under my 4x10 due to its lack of bass reproduction at high volume levels. i know i am not providing alot of information but i need to know where i can find out the spec's on my random 15"s (one i believe is from an old peavy tko 80 combo amp http://www.peavey.com/search.cfm?c=0&term=tko+80) and where i can find a good rugged enclosure design and any other tips on porting and crossovers and anything else. thanks for your time and accpeting my ignorrance of the tools that make me sound as good as i do.
  • Marzen
    • Jul 2005

Hi - assuming you can't get the spec sheet for the 15's you'll need to measure them with some pc software. Here's a guy extracting the Thiel/Small parameters from a driver here . After that you can use software to design a ported enclosure & crossover. I believe Speaker Workshop is freeware, & I know the Excel spreadsheets at FRD Consortium are free.
    -Ward
    PS - does Hartke still use the aluminum cones in any cabs?
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Comment

• of4strings
      • Aug 2006

yeah they still have the aluminium cones as far as i know.... not really into them. but thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"