X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

FS Posting for a friend

Hey guys,

I've got an online buddy who needs to sell a woofer. He's a well known fellow in the audio world but doesn't have the time right now to advertise or sell this due to a move, so I'm doing it for him.

It's an 18" TC Sounds unit that he had custom built. 35mm xmax, 20Hz Fo, ~90L Vas, Qt .28, .5" gap and 3.5" long 4" diameter Ti former with flat wound Ti VC. Coil is a custom quad-tapped 8 layer Precision Econowind unit. High inductance - will need EQ. 90lbs so shipping will be a lot. I think he gave me these specs from memory, but they should be close. 9.5L Vd. Let's just call this "The Beast MK-II".

Also has a smaller 15" prototype unit, TC-3HP 15" with 3.5" long coil. don't know specs, 50lbs. 5.5L Vd.

Dual PR's available for each.

Like I said, I am just advertising this for him - once I find an interested buyer, all dealings (payment/shipping/etc) will be done through him. So no one come looking to me for money if anything falls through He's a good guy, and you'll recognize his name once I send the buyer payment info.

PRICED TO MOVE - CANNOT POST PRICES

Thanks for reading!
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

92 hits and no interest in these? Hmm, must need some pics This is the 18 with the passives (3 shown, only 2 available):

Comment

• Scott Simonian
      • Nov 2004

How much?
      My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• Amphiprion
        • Apr 2006

Sent PM

Comment

• Amphiprion
          • Apr 2006

Also, Vd looks like it may actually be 8.5L, the 9.5L may be a type in the info Deon sent me. I'll check with him again.

Comment

• roadrash
            • Mar 2006

please pm me with price

Comment

• kramskoi
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Amphiprion
              Also, Vd looks like it may actually be 8.5L, the 9.5L may be a type in the info Deon sent me. I'll check with him again.

PM me with details on the 15" prototype...thanks :T
              ...our brains and nervous systems constitute a belief-generating machine, a system that evolved to assure not truth, logic, and reason, but survival...

2x15" TC Sounds .45Q sealed
              M. Boutte HT
              3x15" @ 10 Hz

Comment

• Amphiprion
                • Apr 2006

Hey guys,

The specs above are a bit off, here are the actual measured specs for the 18:

I have no measured specs on the 15, but it was originally a prototype for a home audio driver. Price will be reduced on the 15 to account for the lack of specs.

Comment

• noah katz
                  • Dec 2005

I've never see anything close to that combination of xmax, low Vas, and high efficiency - 91 dB SPL with 478 g Mms and 35 mm xmax?!

My first impression is that it violates Hoffman's Iron Law. Are you sure those measurements accurate?
                  ------------------------------
                  Noah

Comment

• Mark Seaton
                    • Aug 2001

Originally posted by noah katz
                    I've never see anything close to that combination of xmax, low Vas, and high efficiency - 91 dB SPL with 478 g Mms and 35 mm xmax?!

My first impression is that it violates Hoffman's Iron Law. Are you sure those measurements accurate?
                    I would expect they are reasonbly accurate as can be expected in meausuring a huge mass, highish inductance driver like that. Look at the force factor... It's over 260. :E That doesn't come for free, and as you see a coil that big/long with that much copper is pretty heavy. I personally wouldn't want to down fire a woofer like that. That much mass a motor does make it better suited for a relatively compact box as was intended.
                    Mark Seaton
                    "Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." - Daniel H. Burnham

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

After further review of this situation, I'm going to allow general talk to continue here, however any sales activity is to be moved to the pawn shop where Mark's friend will be posting his merchandise.

Sometimes people need an assist. Just trying to do the right thing and help out here.

Doug

old message below-

Mark, we really only allow sales in the Pawn Shop, and they must follow rules of pricing, and such. Helping a friend is great, but it's better if you own a product to sell it here. We just like to protect members like you, and we do not want sales popping up ALL over the forum.

I'm closing this for that reason.
                      Doug
                      Doug
                      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"