X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPodL
    • Jul 2005

Making speaker grills

I've built some speakers for my brother and I'm just finishing a pair for my dad and they'd both like some speaker grills. I'm really not sure of the best way to do this. If any of you have suggestions or tips I would certainly appreciate it.
    Thanks!
  • collo
    • Nov 2005

There's an illustrated guide at:

An illustrated guide to installing new speaker grill cloth on new or old frames so it looks like a professional did it.

It shows how to stretch cloth over a frame and glue it into position. Attach your clips and you're done!
    Ports rule ...

Comment

• PMazz
      • May 2001

Towards the bottom of this page shows grills made with screening rope into an 1/8" groove.

Pete
      Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• SE-Raider
        • Jan 2006

I recently saw a very nice implementation of a speaker grille, built using aluminum window screen frame, covered by acoustically transparent cloth. Attachment used neo magnets. Where the screen normally would be stretched within the frame and then set with a spline, the grille cloth was instead stretched around the outer side of the frame and secured by the spline. Very clean design, and minimal diffraction profile.

Comment

• m1ke323
          • Jun 2006

Wow, I really like how that screen rope frame turned out. But doesn't the grill only having a cut out in front of the drivers cause diffraction issuse?

Also, any idea how that guy trimmed the fabric so close to the rope? I don't see any sticking out on the inside.

Comment

• PMazz
            • May 2001

doesn't the grill only having a cut out in front of the drivers cause diffraction issuse?
            Any grill does to a certain extent. If you want grills you have to live with it. I can't tell any difference personally.

Pete
            Birth of a Media Center

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"