X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Exocer
    • Feb 2006

Planning 3.5ft^3 sealed Tumult D2

Well, got a good deal on a Tumult driver. I am not looking for major SPL but am looking for some sort of flexibility and possibly a subsonic filter to help reduce Tinsel slapping issues...

The Oaudio 500watt bash looks good with its adjustable subsonic filter @ $240
    The PE 500watt amp @ 240 looks good as well..
    Also considering the PE 500 watt bash amp.

I am leaning towards the Oaudio amp only because of the adjustable subsonic filter, which I feel is important in this situation.
  • Al Garay
    • Jan 2004

Curious, what do you wish to gain from your current Rythmik Servo subwoofer?
    Does it use the newer TC Sounds woofer?

TG3 in Seattle has had good results using a low powered 250-380 watt PE plate amp to power his 1st generation Tumult.

Comment

• Exocer
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Al Garay
      Curious, what do you wish to gain from your current Rythmik Servo subwoofer?
      Does it use the newer TC Sounds woofer?

TG3 in Seattle has had good results using a low powered 250-380 watt PE plate amp to power his 1st generation Tumult.
      Thanks a lot.

And I wish to gain absolutely nothing from the Rythmik.
      The model driver I have was updated january of this year and is also the one pictured on the home page. Most 12 spoke basket drivers looks very similar..so naturally it looks like the TC 1000 series driver. I can't formally say that it is based on the newer platform though.
      Here is my latest graph taken from listening position in my den in its most musical setting (28hz extension mode, high damping) and crossover was active during this test...the dip at 75hz is phase related. Un-treated room, and no EQ to flatten things While this graph doesn't say a word about how articulate, tight/fast the bass is that comes from this sub it definitely shows it is a capable contender.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RythmikNewlowspl.webp
Views:	22
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	943827

The tumult is for the living room
      Last edited by theSven; 03 July 2023, 21:40 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"