Thinking MT's using the Dayton DA 175 drivers I have sitting around...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Exocer
    • Feb 2006

Thinking MT's using the Dayton DA 175 drivers I have sitting around...

Just completed my Natalie P's and am already dying to get my next project in gear. I have the DA 175's in hand already (thanks to Pmazz) and leaning towards a different tweeter this time around. The seas tweeter used in the Modula MT design is on the top of the list. I haven't found many designs using the DA 175 driver however so this is a bit discouraging. It doesn't have much Xmax but crossed over at 80hz I'd get more than enough output IMO. I have absolutely NO knowledge of how to even design a crossover or simulate them...Thanks in advance.
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Exocer
    Just completed my Natalie P's and am already dying to get my next project in gear. I have the DA 175's in hand already (thanks to Pmazz) and leaning towards a different tweeter this time around. The seas tweeter used in the Modula MT design is on the top of the list. I haven't found many designs using the DA 175 driver however so this is a bit discouraging. It doesn't have much Xmax but crossed over at 80hz I'd get more than enough output IMO. I have absolutely NO knowledge of how to even design a crossover or simulate them...Thanks in advance.
    Most people use 2 DA175s per side because of the low efficiency.

Jed

Comment

• Exocer
      • Feb 2006

That makes sense...Ah well I just built the Natalie P's. No use for another MTM around here. Sorta just want to build something so the drivers are put to use...

Comment

• WillyD
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Exocer
        That makes sense...Ah well I just built the Natalie P's. No use for another MTM around here. Sorta just want to build something so the drivers are put to use...
        I'd imagine that someone here could at least throw together a xover for you. It wouldn't be perfect, but better than nothing.

Comment

• Exocer
          • Feb 2006

Yeah, will that'd be awesome...Nothing extravagant just a lil something something Gotta keep my DIY juices in flowing this summer...all this DIY stops come september.

Comment

• Rudy Jakubin
            • May 2005

ShawnA already built a pair;

I'm getting really close to having 4 DA175's per side with a tweeter done pretty soon.

Comment

• Exocer
              • Feb 2006

awesome. :T

Comment

• Jed
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Rudy Jakubin
                ShawnA already built a pair;

I'm getting really close to having 4 DA175's per side with a tweeter done pretty soon.

Does that design have BSC? Doesn't look like the baffle was simulated into the response either.

Comment

• Rudy Jakubin
                  • May 2005

ShawnA measured it with a test setup and it measured pretty flat.
                  He did have a slight diffraction dip that wouldn't be audible.

Comment

• Jed
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Rudy Jakubin
                    ShawnA measured it with a test setup and it measured pretty flat.
                    He did have a slight diffraction dip that wouldn't be audible.
                    http://www.pesupport.com/cgi-bin/config.pl?read=288184

I'm still amazed how accurate these simulation tools can be. I guess that response flattened out when he tilted the speaker back a bit, too.

I'm going to have my measuring setup up and running this weekend.... can't wait.

Jed

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"