X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

Room acoustics analysis programs?

I know there's some out there, but can't remember the names. I'm looking for one in particular that models the transmission/reflectance/absorption of standard materials like drywall on studs, cement floors, ceilings, etc in calculating the amplitude of room modes/frequency response. Anyone recall/know of the name? Thanks!
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

I think CARA does this, does that ring a bell?
    Danish

Comment

• Amphiprion
      • Apr 2006

That sounds familiar, I will check it out. If anyone has any other recommendations feel free to post 'em.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Hank
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2002

El nino: ask Jonathan and Scott - I saw them replay a customer's room analysis on a laptop - it may have been CARA they used.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2006

Let me just point out that CARA and RoomOptimizer are based on models of the room, not on measurements. Their analysis can be no better than the input you provide.

Kal
            Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Amphiprion
              • Apr 2006

Hank & Thomas & Kal,

Yep, looking at Thomas's (is it Thomas' or Thomas's? Darn grammar) graphs, that's the one that I remember Scott and Jonathan using. Jonathan's been busy at work lately so I've been trying not to bother him too much. As far as being processor intensive, I'll just have to un-underclock my Athlon XP 2200+ (got it running at 650Mhz right now, keeps my bedroom nice and cool as opposed to the heat machine it is at 1.8GHz). I've got two 1GB sticks of ram coming in Friday that I'll be running in dual channel, so maybe that'll help too (though that's mostly for my matlab signal processing. Whoever was in charge of matlab memory management should be drug (dragged?) out into the street and shot).

And damn my engineering grammar.

Comment

• JonP
                • Apr 2006

SoundEasy 12 now does room reverb analysis. But on a measurment basis, rather than a modeling one. I'd guess you could use other measurment programs to gather possibly usable data, but it sounds more like you want to model the structure than the results, at this point.

Comment

• Martyn
                  • Feb 2006

[QUOTE=
                  Yep, looking at Thomas's (is it Thomas' or Thomas's? Darn grammar)...[/QUOTE]

Well, it used to be Thomas', but these days Thomas's seems to be in favour (that's probably "favor" to you). Anyway, I was just delighted to see so many apostrophes correctly deployed in a single post.

Ya done real good. :W

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"