X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlr
    • Feb 2005

Insignia Woofer Tweak page up

I finally finished my testing and tweaking of the Insignia woofer. This turned out to be one of the more useful ones, I think.

Tweak results
    Dave's Speaker Pages
  • AJINFLA
    • Mar 2005

I tried my best not to desecrate this site with an Insignia post and now you've gone and done it Dave :B .
    Nice work BTW. Might have to splurge for a can of that stuff just to have it.
    Who said you can't have some fun with a $7 driver .
    If this whole thing was about $100 set of speakers, I could see why some folks want to pooh-pooh, but c'mon, they are $35 per pair! 50 if you can't wait for the next, inevitable sale.
    Good clean fun is how I see it.

cheers,

AJ

p.s. haven't had any time to spend further fiddling with mine.
    Manufacturer

Comment

• TacoD
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2004

Great results! Is the "the wetlook" the magic, or is it stiffening the surround what does the trick? Also can you say something about durability of this stuff?

Comment

• dlr
        • Feb 2005

I can' say with assurance

Originally posted by TacoD
        Great results! Is the "the wetlook" the magic, or is it stiffening the surround what does the trick? Also can you say something about durability of this stuff?
        It's not just the material, it is the change to the surround. The problem is that Wetlook dries to a slightly tacky surface that may have significant damping as well as stiffening.

As to durability, I've just used it and have no long-term experience. It does appear to be identical to the material applied by manufacturers themselves, from what I can tell. I don't think durability is an issue.
        Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"