X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

Drivers got here today

The L15 and 27TBFCG drivers got here today for my little two-ways, and man are those some good looking units! Haven't broken them in yet or done any testing though. I'm still working on my measurement PC (this will be for a new Praxis setup) and I have to order Praxis and figure out what soundcard I want to use it with, so it will take me a while to get to using this. But the build quality on the Seas drivers is outstanding, and the aluminum cones just look cool. These will be my first aluminum coned speakers; I've toyed around with designing a xo for a friend who was building an Excel based speaker and came up with some on-paper designs but never got to build them in the real world. So this should be fun. Might be too easy with a 5.5" woofer though and a tweeter that will handle low xo points.
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

I measured the Fs on the woofers using the voltage divider/frequency generator/DMM method like they did in the bad old days. Spec is 46Hz, and right out of the box they came in at 45Hz and 44.5Hz. Not too shabby These things also have a lot more throw than I was expecting. It's cool seeing a 5.5" swinging full p-p at 5Hz free air.

Tweeter and woofer DCR both measured 0.3 ohms above DCR spec, so I'm assuming that's contact resistance. Is that a typical number? DMM is a Fluke 177.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Haven't broken them in yet or done any testing though.
      It's cool seeing a 5.5" swinging full p-p at 5Hz free air.
      They're broken in now .....:wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Amphiprion
        • Apr 2006

:B

It was just for a few seconds...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"